I think the FO maybe targeting Gholston if he's (1 Viewer)

The Patriots have already had success drafting an Ohio State defensive end and converting him to a Pro-Bowl calibre linebacker - Mike Vrabel played DE in college.

If Gholston is there at pick #7 consider him gone.

IF he is there, take him. He's a physical specimen with drive. He'll be a great find. Try him in several different places (OLB, DE, etc) and see where we can fit him. If it's DE, consider that we can either franchise and trade Smith, or trade Grant, or just rotate them. Pressure on the QB is huge, and that would definitely work. If he fits in OLB, then we have a dominating LB core (assuming Vilma and Fujita play up to what we expect)

Dude - drafting Gholston would set us up perfectly for the 5-2 defense!

The Patriots have already had success drafting an Ohio State defensive end and converting him to a Pro-Bowl calibre linebacker - Mike Vrabel played DE in college.

If Gholston is there at pick #7 consider him gone.

Pretty sure that was the Steelers, Pats brought him in as a FA, But he was drafted and developed in Pittsburgh (pretty sure on that) Tho he is flourishing in NE.

I think Vernon Gholston will go number 1 to Miami, but if he was to fall to 10, I would hope the FO would grab him. There isn't a huge need there, but injuries happen, needs change evey year it seems you never know what the future holds, so BPA would be Gholston and it would be a fine pick up.

Oh and fo the other poster, Yes Gholston would drop into coverage, he played some LBer so the conversion is there for 3 - 4 teams. I don't know how he looks on a slot WR but I have seen him cover TE's and RB's out of the backfield.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom