I think the saints were getting stale the last 2 years with some fans (2 Viewers)

The best analogy I can make is for the last two years the Saints were the equivalent of an NBA team in this age trying to play without shooting the 3 point shot.

Without the QB being able to use his legs or being able to hit deep shots, you have to be “perfect”. We came really close to that but I think found out it’s an impossibility. I think this year will be quite fun, but assuming Winston plays at a top 12-15 QB I think the Superbowl window opens next year when the cap goes up and we’re not in hell and Jamies is in year 2 of this offense.

I agree with the “stale” comment and that not lending itself to board activity.
Yep, I would say that technically, the past few years has been the best Saints football in the Drew Brees/SP era. Ball control, accuracy, etc., we had the keys to winning regular season games. Som of them, when we ball -controlled to such an extent that we broke the opposing team, was fun to watch. Most of it, though, was a bit stale.

I think most games from our previous unsuccessful seasons were more fun to watch than the past two, despite the former lack of success. The fact that there was always a chance that Brees and co. could snatch victory from almost certain defeat was a joy to watch when it occurred. Heck, some of his two minute drills to eke out a win when we were trailing is probably required study for many coaching and QB camps.

I am really, really looking forward to this season, no matter the result.

Yep, I would say that technically, the past few years has been the best Saints football in the Drew Brees/SP era. Ball control, accuracy, etc., we had the keys to winning regular season games. Som of them, when we ball -controlled to such an extent that we broke the opposing team, was fun to watch. Most of it, though, was a bit stale.

I think most games from our previous unsuccessful seasons were more fun to watch than the past two, despite the former lack of success. The fact that there was always a chance that Brees and co. could snatch victory from almost certain defeat was a joy to watch when it occurred. Heck, some of his two minute drills to eke out a win when we were trailing is probably required study for many coaching and QB camps.

I am really, really looking forward to this season, no matter the result.
It’s kind of funny. I guess it depends on the person and what they enjoy. My mom told me today that this was the most boring game, because by the 3rd quarter it was over. I told her those back and forth shootouts are fun when it’s not your team you’re watching. Give me the safe, lead-holding games any time. Not quite as adrenaline fueled, and won’t affect the blood pressure much, but I’ll take that over nail-biters. Ha

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom