I think we could break a lot of records on offense this year (PIC) (4 Viewers)

If by "squat" you mean SBs ok but this team has won 3 consecutive South titles and back to back 13-3 years. That's not squat. By your definition only 1 team per year ultimately is not squat. And I get that thought process but remember how each of the last three years ended. I hope you are not suggesting this team is not REALLY good

No I'm not saying that the Saints aren't a good team. I've seen more than my share of bad Saints teams so I clearly know the difference.

The point I'm trying to make though is that when teams get to be as good as the Saints have been for the last dozen or so years and they do jump up and win a title from a fan perspective you want more.

As I said all the wins and the records are all great but without the ultimate prize what does it mean? If the Saints would run any semblance of a balanced attack they could ball control teams to death and eat up the clock in the process.

Just to add......................the Saints were the #3 team in the league rushing the ball in 2009 and we all know how that year ended.

Our O-line sustained too much damage over the season and by playoffs, we couldn't beat a wild card team we had no business losing to. I'd like to see us make some more moves to solidify the O-Line and its depth.

When things were clicking last year, we were able to be flexible with skill personnel and didn't even skip a beat when Brees went down.

When the O-line got banged up, thats when our offense hit a wall. Having that solid #2 is a great addition, but we need more depth and prospects on the O-line.

Only then will I see this team breaking records like 2011 and 2009.

well maybe 2nd best would have worked in the Minnesota game then. Best didn’t.
I still put that on coaching. When someone inverts their line and brings DEs inside then you run right at them and make them pay. You also throw screens to get their DTs out in space.

BTW I love Payton. I just don't think he had a good day that day.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom