I think we could break a lot of records on offense this year (PIC) (1 Viewer)

well maybe 2nd best would have worked in the Minnesota game then. Best didn’t.
I know. right? What are people thinking? It's like with Brees having at least one or two bad games every season. Brees can't possibly be the best QB ever, because he was never even the best QB in any single season that he played.

I am usually the glass half-ful off-season Ra Ra guy but honestly, I am burned out with over hyped expectations. The 2018 NFCCG no call has damaged me a bit. Followed by last season's most nerve-wracking unsatisfactory 13-3 season ever (hard to imagine that with Brees going down in week 2), then our WC weekend exit to Minny. Interestingly, at least to me, I was actually pretty hopeful after the disastrous Minny Miracle. But that combined with the last two playoff loses have tempered my eternal Saints optimism.

But, I have turned into a simple, WAIT AND SEE, Saints fan. That's it. The crazy ball bounces, the ability of teams to play FAR above their heads when they play us, the ridiculous calls and no calls, just plain ole fate boning us. I will simply just wait, watch, and root for my team with tempered expectations.

Offense is as talented as past squads I'm not worried about offense or defense, the Saints are fun to watch and they are having another solid off-season and will probably have a smart draft as well, we've filled our needs in FA and will add more young talent through the draft.

I am usually the glass half-ful off-season Ra Ra guy but honestly, I am burned out with over hyped expectations. The 2018 NFCCG no call has damaged me a bit. Followed by last season's most nerve-wracking unsatisfactory 13-3 season ever (hard to imagine that with Brees going down in week 2), then our WC weekend exit to Minny. Interestingly, at least to me, I was actually pretty hopeful after the disastrous Minny Miracle. But that combined with the last two playoff loses have tempered my eternal Saints optimism.

But, I have turned into a simple, WAIT AND SEE, Saints fan. That's it. The crazy ball bounces, the ability of teams to play FAR above their heads when they play us, the ridiculous calls and no calls, just plain ole fate boning us. I will simply just wait, watch, and root for my team with tempered expectations.

#metoo?
Lol

I think that Meaxhem role is filled by someone else opening day though and maybe Smith in a Ginn/Meachem role

Well I hope they set records by running the ball because all the records that Brees has set or broken the last few years have amounted to exactly squat teamwise!!
If by "squat" you mean SBs ok but this team has won 3 consecutive South titles and back to back 13-3 years. That's not squat. By your definition only 1 team per year ultimately is not squat. And I get that thought process but remember how each of the last three years ended. I hope you are not suggesting this team is not REALLY good

I know. right? What are people thinking? It's like with Brees having at least one or two bad games every season. Brees can't possibly be the best QB ever, because he was never even the best QB in any single season that he played.

like I said in the first post about the line, we have a lot of solid pieces on the line. But a line is only as strong as its weakest link. Or are you suggesting that Minnesota would have done that to every Oline in that game? No, they saw our weakest link and shuffled guys to take advantage of it. I understand it was at least partially due to injury but regardless of the reason why a particular spot on the chain is a weak link, you have to shore it up.

like I said in the first post about the line, we have a lot of solid pieces on the line. But a line is only as strong as its weakest link. Or are you suggesting that Minnesota would have done that to every Oline in that game? No, they saw our weakest link and shuffled guys to take advantage of it. I understand it was at least partially due to injury but regardless of the reason why a particular spot on the chain is a weak link, you have to shore it up.
And that dude is now the 6th highest paid interior lineman in the NFL.

And that dude is now the 6th highest paid interior lineman in the NFL.

yep. I can't make sense of it except for his versatility. I was all for bringing him back but I was hoping for some competition because I would feel much better with him as a backup. That doesn't appear likely so I guess we will all just pray for his health.

You do realize they are the best Oline in football?

When completely healthy, I would say you have a good argument for them being the best. Problem is, at the end of the last 3 years they haven't been healthy.....

I'm actually still good with them drafting a G in the 1st round if BPA is there....

I hope the Saints break all the team rushing records this year....because that would mean wins.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom