I think we dodged a bullet by not pursuing Nnamdi first (1 Viewer)

mountaineerdude

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I know Rob Ryan was trying to make a push for these guy but he is washed up. And he wants more money than what he deserves. We just saved ourselves. But we still need a safety.

I know Rob Ryan was trying to make a push for these guy but he is washed up. And he wants more money than what he deserves. We just saved ourselves. But we still need a safety.

images

We may still go after the guy actually, it really wouldn't surprise me. The potential alone of he and Ryan intrigues me.

I am very happy with the signing of Lewis - younger guy, and just getting into his prime. And, he came to the Saints for a bargain.

I know Rob Ryan was trying to make a push for these guy but he is washed up.

Lost a step? Sure. Washed up? Not in the least bit. He may not be a tier 1 free agent any more but getting him back in the same system under the same coach where he had his best years recently would make him a very solid signing.

Jenkins and Harper will look like the best safeties in the league if Greer is our nickel back.

He didn't like the locker room and didn't fit the scheme they were trying to run. (I think they had an offensive guy or special teams guy coaching the defense for a stretch there in Philly) You want to talk about square pegs in round holes? Philly is the prime example.

Nnamdi would benefit greatly coming to a coordinator he is comfortable with and a locker room that even Shockey can fit into.

He's got a couple years left, in Philly they played him in zone coverage while he's a man to man guy reminds me of the Saints defense last year don't it. Bring him in for cheap and let Rob motivate him again

You should really go back and watch the monday nighter against Detroit they had this year. He's far from washed up. They put him on an island against Calvin Johnson and he made him disappear, until Juan Castillo in all his glory decided to switch up their scheme and go to zone.

not sure he was ever a target, just motivation for Keenan Lewis, seems word we were talking came out when he was in the building thinking about the deal

The ONLY sense in which any of this is true is that Keenan Lewis is just entering his prime as a player while Nnamdi is on the wrong side of 30.

Besides, how can you say he 'wants more money than what he deserves' when we don't even know yet how how much money he wants? He's already getting $4 million from Philly this year, so it's highly likely he'd be willing to take a cap-friendly first year or two at least to play for a legit contender with the right scheme and coaches.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom