I think we/they are approaching fixing this defense (1 Viewer)

It may sound funny but I think the Saints are 1 player away from having all the talent they need personnel wise on defense. Unfortunately premiere pass rushing DEs are hard to come by.

It may sound funny but I think the Saints are 1 player away from having all the talent they need personnel wise on defense. Unfortunately premiere pass rushing DEs are hard to come by.

Honestly, I think we're good as far as starters go. We just have zero depth on the line or in the secondary, and thats why we're struggling again.

We could also use more depth at DT. We looked a little gassed out there in the 4th qtr. We only have Fairley, Davison, Jenkins and Oneyamata. I wish we would bring in Terrance Knighton for a look. He would be a big body you'd have to double team and maybe open up our pass rush a little more and giving our DT's more of a break, therefore having more energy in the latter parts of the 4th qtr.

Comes down to terrible position coaching and extreme lack of talent. We won't have a pass rush till defensive coaches are fired and we bring in.someone who knows what they're doing

We don't have a pass rush, because we don't have any legitimate Pass rushers, we can't defend in the secondary because QBs have all day to throw.

Add our Defense is on the field a lot because we throw so much, sadly I believe none of this will change until Payton is replaced or stops believing this is 2009.

We don't have a pass rush, because we don't have any legitimate Pass rushers, we can't defend in the secondary because QBs have all day to throw.

Add our Defense is on the field a lot because we throw so much, sadly I believe none of this will change until Payton is replaced or stops believing this is 2009.

We don't really know anything about our pass rush yet. It's been reported that the line was playing to contain Carr and keep him in the pocket more than rush the passer last week. That plan worked well while Breaux and Williams were manning the boundary corner spots. Once Breaux went down, they threw for the same yardage they had in the entire game in the fourth quarter.

phew, glad that's out of the way. So we didn't get sacks b/c we didn't gameplan to. For a second there i thought our passrush sucked!

I think this is a sign Bill Johnson has to go, we got talent on defense and new DC that he should not have an excuse

Could just be me.....but I'm seeing a disconnect between your thread title and the content of your post.

The thread title reads:
I think we/they are approaching fixing this defense

But then your post is all like "if X, then Y". What is your actual reasoning for "thinking" there is an attempt to fix the defense? Not saying I disagree, just saying I'd like to see some reasons, based on the thread title....

sorry about that was at work when i posted it and hit post without proofreading. Im saying maybe we are taking the wrong approach to fixing the D and maybe our focus should be on DL. Get some athletic DL/LB someone who can cause havoc in the backfield. I think bringing in second rate DBs isn't the fix we need.. oh yeah I'm still at work so forgive me if i have errors now as well

I'm with you on the "actually athletes" thing. We don't seem to have very many actual athletes. I look at other defenses around the league and they have huge, well built, dudes who can run really fast. Then I look at our defense and it's mostly just "meh". We don't have many Tarzan looking guys. We have a bunch of dudes who look like Tarzan's cousin Leroy who really isn't into cardio.

I'm with you on the "actually athletes" thing. We don't seem to have very many actual athletes. I look at other defenses around the league and they have huge, well built, dudes who can run really fast. Then I look at our defense and it's mostly just "meh". We don't have many Tarzan looking guys. We have a bunch of dudes who look like Tarzan's cousin Leroy who really isn't into cardio.

I've noticed that too but just chalked it up as I have no clue what I'm seeing. I see guys on other teams and they all look like they've been in the weight room. Even the undersized guys look bulky.

Even noticed guys that were considered small/underweight here like Todd Davis look much bigger in Denver.

Maybe its the black jersey's and the slimming effect:idunno:

the Raiders 3rd string RB had a 75 yd TD run ... IDK where you got that our front 7 is competitive .... they maybe but when you have Bill Johnson and Joe Vitt coaching them, there is very little output you can get outta them ...

I've noticed that too but just chalked it up as I have no clue what I'm seeing. I see guys on other teams and they all look like they've been in the weight room. Even the undersized guys look bulky.

Even noticed guys that were considered small/underweight here like Todd Davis look much bigger in Denver.

Maybe its the black jersey's and the slimming effect:idunno:

I've wondered if it might be our jerseys but I don't think so. When we have had some dudes who were jacked they still looked jacked in our jersey. Victor Butler comes to mind. Maybe it's our S&C program.

the Raiders 3rd string RB had a 75 yd TD run ... IDK where you got that our front 7 is competitive .... they maybe but when you have Bill Johnson and Joe Vitt coaching them, there is very little output you can get outta them ...
I think it was John Jenkins that was pushed around like a rag doll on that play. Byrd playing left field instead of safety.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom