I thought DBs were supposed to be a strength this year. (1 Viewer)

We were in good shape when we thought we had Breaux, Lewis, PJ, Swann and Wilson... This group without Breaux... Not so much.

Actually a healthy Lewis, PJ, Swann and Wilson is still a good group, but now the only one left is PJ. PJ, Crawley, Harris, and Moore is not a good group.

Crawley should not be on an NFL roster yet there he is on ours. Our back up players are truly bad... Again, this all goes to terrible roster decisions. We have probably the worst roster depth in the entire league and honestly its not close.

I'll second the Crawley dumping. He wad totally out of position. Does the coaching staff have no confidence in anyone else on this roster?

Ellerbe injured. Kikaha injured. Laurinitis proved why he was cut. Anthony is playing out of position.

LB was never going to be a strength this year.

This thread is why we can't have nice things.

I thought we were going to be good in the secondary, but I also thought we'd have Westbank, Swann and Delvin Breaux. As well as PJ coming back AND a strong crop of udfa's. That kind of all went to hades over the last few weeks, and now we are looking like we need some greenhorns to grow up really fast. It went from perceived strength to a weakness faster than I could have imagined.
This is almost where I am as well, but then we are still deep. We are deep with talent at db, we are also very young. Give it time, and give Crawley Breaux's practice time vs Brees and he will get better. They all will.

Crawley should not be on an NFL roster yet there he is on ours. Our back up players are truly bad... Again, this all goes to terrible roster decisions. We have probably the worst roster depth in the entire league and honestly its not close.

Which is the reason the Saints get manhandled in preseason every year. It's backup on backup, and the Saints backups are completely overmatched.

This thread is why we can't have nice things.

We are deep with talent at db, we are also very young. Give it time.

Pointing out why the defense is bad is not the reason the defense is bad.

They are not deep at defensive back. The CBs were Breaux and a bunch of UDFAs. Now with Breaux gone, our CBs cannot cover anyone.

It doesn't help that Byrd is setting up 30 yards back so that he can watch a football game from the best seat in the house.

The DB core now is Vaccaro, and ... well, Vaccaro. Von Bell might turn into something in the future, but the future isn't today (although it'd be almost impossible to be worse than Byrd).

It was a strength when Breaux, Lewis and Swann were all supposed to be healthy. Nobody ever said Harris and Crawley were ready to be out there covering guys like Crabtree and Amari Cooper.

Pointing out why the defense is bad is not the reason the defense is bad.

They are not deep at defensive back. The CBs were Breaux and a bunch of UDFAs. Now with Breaux gone, our CBs cannot cover anyone.

It doesn't help that Byrd is setting up 30 yards back so that he can watch a football game from the best seat in the house.

The DB core now is Vaccaro, and ... well, Vaccaro. Von Bell might turn into something in the future, but the future isn't today (although it'd be almost impossible to be worse than Byrd).

Your dbs are only as good as the pass rush they are given. They played hard, and they played well against a solid group of wrs, but obviously Carr is going to complete passes on our dbs when he has forever and a day to make a decision.

Ken Crawley was an absolute joke. They picked on him the entire 4th quarter and he failed to make any plays.

Well now he's the starting 1 for the New Orleans Saints. We are in serious trouble.

I'll second the Crawley dumping. He wad totally out of position. Does the coaching staff have no confidence in anyone else on this roster?

there is no one else on the roster.

they went in to this game with 4 active CBs.

1 was a 2nd year guy who broke his leg. 1 was a rookie 3rd rounder. 2 were rookie UDFAs.

You can't win in this game without pressuring the QB.

Eventually even a mediocre QB will just sit back and pick you apart.

34 points should win you games almost every time unless maybe against the most elite teams.

As soon as Breaux went down Carr began to look like the 2011 Drew Brees. Crawley became Crabtree's stepson. Understandably, the D-Line was just gassed from being out there so long that my grandma could've suited up put up 10ypc.

We gotta get some quality veteran DB depth quickly.

Side note: I got a pretty good laugh seeing Kelemente lined up as a receiver wide right lol

"An embarrassment of riches" is a phrase thrown around on this board every year with regard to defensive backs, this year in particular.Yeah, right.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom