I thought King liked Drew and the Saints.... (1 Viewer)

Is it possible that writers will "alter" opinions weekly to apease the larger fanbase?

From reading this forum, I frequently see posts stating "I won't read what that guy writes... It's crap..."

It seems as though the determination of "crap" is based on whether or not the writer is writing what the reader wants to hear...

So, I guess what I'm getting at is that King may realize that, in a situation where the game is tough to call, he may as well write to his own benefit (the larger fanbase, and greater readership).

This may be the reason why he might be so "quick to change horses" and also, reasonably, why he might suck as a writer...

Or maybe the fact that we are only 5 weeks into the season means we're still learning about these teams? Can't people change their opinions? Haven't we?

Don't teams change as injuries take their toll, or new players emerge and become playmakers? Everyone said that it didn't matter how good Cutler played in Chicago, because he had nobody to throw to. Then out of nowhere, this Knox kid starts lighting people up. At first it looked like he had a fluke game...now it's clear he's the real deal, and maybe the Bears offense needs to be taken seriously.

Did anyone think Sharper would play as well as he has? Or Jabari Greer?

It's like fans expect these writers to be psychics. They aren't. They make educated guesses. There's a reason why they play the games after all.

bah, you trust a guy named 'Peter King' !? Sounds like a phony to me...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom