I underestimated Kenny Vaccaro (1 Viewer)

TheSaints7

Die Hard Saints Fan.
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I made a thread yesterday contemplating why we did not choose Jones. However looking back on Vaccaro's highlights and looking at our current Defense, it was the right pick. I trust Payton just as much as the next Saints fan. He looks like a future star, expecting good things from this kid.

I made a thread yesterday contemplating why we did not choose Jones. However looking back on Vaccaro's highlights and looking at our current Defense, it was the right pick. I trust Payton just as much as the next Saints fan. He looks like a future star, expecting good things from this kid.

Hopefully he can do to passes what Buffon does in soccer :9:

From what I understand, the decision was down to Jones or Vaccaro. Hank Stram said that you should look for three things in a 1st round draft pick:
1. Can he come in and contribute right away?
2. Can he play special teams?
3. Will he stay healthy?

In the case of Jones, he may be NFL ready, but he perhaps didn't meet the overall criteria as well as Vaccaro.

I don't know why people waste time and energy whining about the picks. Your guy didn't get drafted... get over it. Its not like the Saints can change their minds and get a do-over.

I'm glad some folks are finally coming around to accept the fact that Vaccaro will be a WHO DAT for years to come.

Understandable, I think he will help our D in a lot of ways and like some people have already said, he is very versatile and can play Special teams. Obviously we hope he succeeds.

Understandable, I think he will help our D in a lot of ways and like some people have already said, he is very versatile and can play Special teams. Obviously we hope he succeeds.

I didn't direct my post at you... it was a general statement. But yeah the kid can do ALOT, and the guys that we currently have back there can't do much. Can't wait to see the kid shine.

The way "some" fans knock our Safeties doesn't seem all that fair or even realistic to me. For example, look at all of the HUGE and OVER THE TOP HUSTLE plays M.J. has made as either game changers or game WINNERS for us as he sits in one of the hottest seats in The NFL and then Roman Harper, I know a LOT of fans think he's such a dissappointment but what most of those people don't know, nor do I or any other SAINTS fan for that matter, what have been his assignments as he sits in yet another HOT SEAT position in The NFL! It's hard to play the position and that's the WHY of how he looks to be out of position or playing "catch-up" to the play. None of US know what his assignments were and just look at what DREW does to opponent's Safties around the League as an example of how critical and how ridiculous DBs can look when assignments are blown or coverages are called which leave gaps based on pressure. There are many reasons WHY it appears Malcolm and Roman seem out of position but I'll let them play for it, everyone knows Coach Payton believes in competition for playing spots so let's see where the chips fall under a new DC and new system for our vets to adjust to and we'll get a clue as to who can transition into the 3-4 the best. Heck, Big Sed could rekindle some fire in himself with his new position assignment! It "feels" sort of like '06 again, with huge "Wait And SEE!" signs everywhere. It's exciting and one thing for sure, it's good to have Coach Payton back to bring us all up to speed as he sees fit.

The first thing I see is a HUGE upgrade in speed with Vacarro plus he's a baller.

That's 2 things he has over Harper who I think if he was dropped from an air plane would still be slower and would drop the ball!

And I agree with a previous post that Jenkins will be freed up to do lots of other things that he does well. Vacarro could possibly the missing piece to the secondary.

I mean if i had to cut or trade one of them right now it would be Harper.

I like his attitude, big hitting and attitude, can cover... Love the pick

From what I understand, the decision was down to Jones or Vaccaro. Hank Stram said that you should look for three things in a 1st round draft pick:
1. Can he come in and contribute right away?
2. Can he play special teams?
3. Will he stay healthy?

In the case of Jones, he may be NFL ready, but he perhaps didn't meet the overall criteria as well as Vaccaro.

I'm not sure Jones was even a consideration. Maybe Rhodes instead.

I'm not sure Jones was even a consideration. Maybe Rhodes instead.
44037-anderson-cooper-oh-my-god-gif-IOik.gif

Because Jones is a good pass rusher which what we needed however we choose someone else who wee needed. How you can sit there and say I have no idea why Jones was even a consideration I will never know.

Im pretty sure a lot of the people who complained about Vacarro have never seen him play. I havent seen much of him either as I hate UT despite living in Austin now, but I trust the front office that brought us from perrenial losers to superbowl champions and yearly contenders. I could barely contain my laughter over some of the comments thursday night saying payton and loomis were clueless.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom