I use to like Jim Mora Sr. (1 Viewer)

SaintsJunkie

BREES HOF
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
But he seems really bitter, he said yeah the saints came back agaist the steelers but, they are paid to play hard, basicly said big deal they lost like I said who cares how hard they played. He really is not a fan of the saints

To be fair, he's given some good props (albeit in his hard loving way) to the Saints on NFLN

Who cares? He is no longer a Saint in my book. He quit the team when we needed him. Good riddance.

But he seems really bitter, he said yeah the saints came back agaist the steelers but, they are paid to play hard, basicly said big deal they lost like I said who cares how hard they played. He really is not a fan of the saints

Yeah, but when he gave the fiery "...coulda, shoulda, woulda...." post-game press conference in 1987, which is exactly what he's saying now, we all thought he was God.

I have always believed that to be the watershed moment in this franchise's history.

It's a titch callous, but it's spot on. We lost, get over it, get ready for the Bengals and prove you're better than you were last week.

I sure hope that's how the coaches and players feel.

he's probaly bitter that his son aint taking control of the div and not winning easy games....unlike the saints.

Having not seen his actual comments it's hard to judge them. That said, my general opinion is that I was never a fan of his arrogance and condescension. He was a marginal coach that rode on the back of the talent he had and, despite that talent, never won a single playoff game in his career.

Wish I could've said that his 1993 Saints team, with a dominating D, came back on Pitt like our guys did yesterday, when Pitt wiped our butts in 93'.

37-14, with 2 mop up TD's at the end of the game.

Jim has a short memory, but he's not paid to remember those things now - He's paid to "commentate" - To be a talking head.

I liked Coach Mora when he was here, and will always be grateful for the good years he gave us - Just think it's Jim's arrogance. Nice guy, just a little arrogant.

Last edited:
His teams were the best we have had. That being said, he comes across as bitter alot on NFL network, not just when talking about us but anybody except his son's team. He is really starting to show his bias and it looks like the Falcons play lately has got him squirming bad. I just hope we keep winning and he will reluctantly have to talk about us more and more. That is the best way to get at him. For a tough ex-marine, I couldn't believe he quit. Isn't that like the worst thing a Marine a could do or something? In my life quitting is not an option.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom