I wanna see Reggie on kickoffs... (1 Viewer)

marlowe

Veteran
Reaction score
I've posted on other threads that since he's that fast, he'd already be meeting the coverage a yard or two further up field than most... he likes to create in space and kickoffs give you more room to begin to create with since the coverage spreads out across the field more...as opposed to punts when half the time the coverage is right there waiting to post you the second you've caught it. I think a kickoff is tailor made for Bush creating great starting position and a great spot for him to best use what he is already excellent at. Can we lobby for this folks?????

I thought Lewis was doing fine to tell you the truth, he almost broke a couple in the last few games....Although they can switch them up on occasion, that would be fine with me.

Reggie's Ankle and the rest of his body is worth over 50 Million dollars. I don't think i'd be risking him on probably the most dangerous Position in Football.

i'm going to have to agree with dninc...kickoff returns will get you, if a returner has a good year, 2 touchdowns at most?

i think mikey will be fine back there...i just wouldn't be comfortable putting reggie back there b/c we have so much money rapped up in him...

I think it's too risky too, but could have some value in late-game situations when we need good field position.

after beerman has our best KO returns of the year, how is this even supposed to make sense??

I'm not sure where I read it, but I think I read something that quoted Sean Payton as saying it will never happen. Ever. Never. As in N-E-V-E-R. (Thank God he's the coach).

Yea, I mean just think about it. Opposing teams send some scrub on the field with the sole purpose of gunning for Reggie Bush and clips him in the knee. The opposing team kicks it to the opposite side of the field and Reggie is in with the wedge here come this scrub right into his knee. Reggie out for the season, yea this can happen on any play but I mean kickoff returns are pretty crazy people are coming from everywhere and they have a head start. Don't say cheap shots don't happen either because they do.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom