I want a Defense!!!! (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Seeing all the posts about the individuals we need in FA and the draft and then watching these playoff games makes me realize just how bad our defense is. Watching players like Trufant, Peterson, Kerney, London Fletcher, Shawn Springs, Laron Landry, Polamalu, Casey Hampton, Marcus Stroud, Paul Spicer, Daryl Smith or Rashaen Mathis......I mean do we have one single player from our defense that could start on one of these teams?
We just don't have any playmakers what so ever. We have underachieving overpaid ends, aging tackles, slow unathletic LB'ers, undersized and backup cornerbacks with the exception of McKenzie but who knows what his future holds after injury, incompetent terrible in coverage safeties............

So, do I want Lauranaitus.....yes, do I want phillips.....yes, ellis.....sure
Trufant? Vilma? yep yep

Give em all to me because all of them are better than what we currently have.
Don't waste what could be a championship offense.........IMPROVE THIS DEFENSE!!!

This defense could use 7-8 new starters

Dam, I wish Trufant didn't play so good today. He would have been a huge steal for us as a FA. Now the Seahawks will never let him go.

Dam, I wish Trufant didn't play so good today. He would have been a huge steal for us as a FA. Now the Seahawks will never let him go.

Well, I don't think it was any big secret that the guy is very good.

Your going to have to throw plus Clements money at him to lure him over but boy
do we need him for this team to succeed.

I feel the same as the OP, after watching the last 2 playoff games, makes me realize just how horrible our defense is....I mean think about it, I know i'm not the only one that holds his breath on EVERY single defensive snap when the game is on the line. It'll take more than a couple mid grade FA signings and a high draft pick to turn our unit into the level that we saw on teams today, but its a start in the right direction.

It didn't take me watching these two playoff games to realize we needed defensive help bad,:covri: like chopzley said I hold my breath on EVERY single passing play knowing that we usually got one guy to make a play(McKenzie) and not much else and often times they aren't throwing to his side...

we need at least 7 new starters on defense. keep only Mckenzie, W. smith, Fujita, Grant... the rest can serve only as backups or get cut/not renew contract.

This defense could use 7-8 new starters

I can agree with this, specially with the injury to McKenzie.

SS, WILL, MLB. DT (3tech), CB (2 corners, depending on #34 recovery)

This speculation is getting to me, cause I'm ready for the offseason to start, its a season after a season.....is there no better sport than football?

I can agree with this, specially with the injury to McKenzie.

SS, WILL, MLB. DT (3tech), CB (2 corners, depending on #34 recovery)

This speculation is getting to me, cause I'm ready for the offseason to start, its a season after a season.....is there no better sport than football?

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm already dreading the start of baseball......and I like baseball. Just seems liks football season seems to fly by.

So, we can assume that Fujita is the only LB'er who should start next year? I'm not as high on him as others but I think if the talent is upgraded around him he can perform at a very solid level. I'd really like to see them go after a big time FA CB and then load up on DT's, LB'ers and safeties in the draft. Never seems to work out like you hope though.

Yeah with our current team we would have had 100 points scored on us! So it's probably we didn't go.. I told someone earlier in the season we would go to the playoffs, but I didn't know what the seat number would be!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom