I want Haslett back. (1 Viewer)

dome patrol

knowucantreadmypokerface
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Just kidding. But I would like to see us run the ball more especially on 2nd/3rd and short and inside the red zone. Seems like Payton gets too pass happy. Deuce isn't being used enough.

Devery played well after that one drop.

The injury situation is getting me worried. The loss of Harper has been huge as we are giving up big play after big play.

Seemed like Brees was a little rattled without his security blanket Colston.

Freddy T obviously wasn't 100% and was torched.

I thought Reggie ran really well today.

Bottom line is when you get inside the 10 yardline three times and come away with 3 points you will likely lose.

Screw the AFC. Time to sack up because the meat of our schedule is on the horizon. Atlanta, San Fran, Dallas, Washington, Carolina...all NFC teams. It's pretty much a new season. Time to put up or shut up.

I think I just had a heart attack.

I am expecting the " Fire Payton" and "Brees needs to be benched" posts soon.

I almost threw up when I read that. Yes, there was some bad play calling but ne need to bring up that era.

Yep, we should have run the ball A LOT more. Seems that it would have been the gameplan. Run the ball, control the clock and keep the Bengals offense off the damn field. Our backs were running well today. Our passing game with all of the interceptions, dropped passes, and Copper fumbling yet again killed us today. I would have liked to see a more ball control, clock-burning offense today. It seems that the offense has lost its way.

Bottom line is... you cannot turn the ball over as much as we have and expect to beat anyone.

Screw the AFC. Time to sack up because the meat of our schedule is on the horizon. Atlanta, San Fran, Dallas, Washington, Carolina...all NFC teams. It's pretty much a new season. Time to put up or shut up.
From your mouth to the Saints ears. Hope they're done screwing around cos now it REALLY counts. (I'm glad the title of this thread was just a joke)

That title got more attention than the "Free Beer" threads. :spit:

Our short passing game is a running game. And it has been pretty effective all year. Brees had a bad game, that is all.

Our short passing game is a running game. And it has been pretty effective all year. Brees had a bad game, that is all.

But at some point you have to sack up and run the ball, especially when you're working with a short field inside the 10. The reason our short passing game works so well in the open field is because Payton can design plays with receivers running deep routes which stretches the defense leaving holes underneath. There's a lot more that can go wrong passing the ball than running it.

Dome, you are right, the meat of the schedule is ahead of us, including two critical division games which will be huge. One is next week away and that is going to be a tough game, with Atlanta reeling and remembering the Monday night loss. The second division game is the last of the season and my guess that will be for the Division title at home... In between we have tough NFC games against Dallas, SF (5 - 5 as of now) and Washington and a huge challenge in the meadowlands against the Giants.
The way I look at it, this team has overachieved with great coaching and a tremendous leader in Drew Brees (today was dismal, but all qb's have these). We will see over the next 6 weeks whether this is a team for next year or a legitimate playoff team for 2006! My money is still on the playoffs this year.

the problem with this is that you have two really good rb's getting touches taken away from them and given to the likes of Terrance copper.

let's see

Terrance copper or Deuce/Reggie? That's the problem.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom