I want Highsmith (1 Viewer)

Homer or not, Highsmith is a great LB. I think his weakness may be coverage which got showed in the Arkansas game, but for someone to stop McFadden as many times solo as he did in that game shows he's ready for the NFL.

If we took him in the 2nd round, and Ellis, Phillips, or preferably Laurinaitis in the first, I would find it very tough not to run around my house screaming
CHAMPIONSHIP!

I wouldnt be against him in the 2nd if we didnt take a lber in the 1st.

after monday night's game... then the combine... then th LSU pro day... we can all forget about him being available i the 2nd. If we want him that bad we should get him in the 1st.

If we fill our other holes via FA/trades then I can see them taking Ali if we haven't addressed OLB... but I seriously doubt we'll take him no matter ho he prforms in the next couple months.

Concur with the posts, very solid 2d rd pick. Get a DB in the first and Highsmith in the 2d would be a great start to adding Def talent and "righting" this ship.

Highsmith is a very good complementary player, but he's not the star this team needs with their 10th pick.

The only concern with Ali is his lack of speed. If he can take Simoneau's place and take care of the run and allow Fujita and Shanle (or someone who replaces Shanle) to take care of coverage, that would be a massive improvement. I can't count high enough to total the number of times Simoneau has been blocked 10 yards downfield away from the play or just got blown up by a ball-carrier.

The only concern with Ali is his lack of speed. If he can take Simoneau's place and take care of the run and allow Fujita and Shanle (or someone who replaces Shanle) to take care of coverage, that would be a massive improvement. I can't count high enough to total the number of times Simoneau has been blocked 10 yards downfield away from the play or just got blown up by a ball-carrier.

I actually thought he was a pretty fast LB'er. I assumed his weakness would be his size. I think he's only about 220, isn't he?

Maybe it's just his speed in coverage. He's very good inside the box, but anytime I've seen him leave the box it wasn't pretty.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom