I want Patrick Johnson (Tulane | DE) in the mid - late rounds. (1 Viewer)

RiverRat

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Hey SR.

I haven’t posted much since Covid. This year’s draft really snuck up on me and I’ve only just begun to look at it.

Anyhow, I think a potential sleeper at DE is local product Patrick Johnson. He is really fun to watch and I always thought he could develop into a Cam Jordan clone, or at least a nice compliment. He seems to always come up with a sack when the Wave really needs a play. Anyone who has watched Tulane knows that the defensive talent has been really nice the past few years and that their bipolar offense is what keeps them from winning. Patrick is definitely a bright spot and a fun player to watch. He had 10 sacks this year, tied for 3rd in FBS. I see some projecting him as a 34 OLB, but to me he plays like a DE and has the body to put on a few lbs.

+1

Haha. I didn’t say it made any sense. I guess being home everyday made me have screen fatigue. Now that I’m out a little more, I’m inclined to check more?

I’m a Tulane fan. Both Johnson and Sample are nice sized, great effort guys but neither has the speed to excel in the NFL at DE or OLB.

Mike D has him as his 18th ranked DE. Scored late 2nd, early to mid 3rd round...

Hey SR.

I haven’t posted much since Covid. This year’s draft really snuck up on me and I’ve only just begun to look at it.

Anyhow, I think a potential sleeper at DE is local product Patrick Johnson. He is really fun to watch and I always thought he could develop into a Cam Jordan clone, or at least a nice compliment. He seems to always come up with a sack when the Wave really needs a play. Anyone who has watched Tulane knows that the defensive talent has been really nice the past few years and that their bipolar offense is what keeps them from winning. Patrick is definitely a bright spot and a fun player to watch. He had 10 sacks this year, tied for 3rd in FBS. I see some projecting him as a 34 OLB, but to me he plays like a DE and has the body to put on a few lbs.
Co-Signed.

Johnson and Hamilcar Rasheed both are 6'4"+ and run 4.58 40's.

two of my favorite mid-round DEs.

Johnson is one of only 3 DEs this year with a sub 7.00 3 cone.

Oweh and Phillips are the others.

Johnson had 10 sacks this year. Rasheed had 14 in 2019.

Johnson had 10 sacks this year. Rasheed had 14 in 2019.

I like Johnson as well.

Rasheed had 2 TFL and 0 Sacks this season. That's a little alarming, even with all of the Covid issues factored in. Maybe that's where the value is? If he had 14 Sacks in 2020... he'd probably be a 1st rounder.

I like Johnson as well.

Rasheed had 2 TFL and 0 Sacks this season. That's a little alarming, even with all of the Covid issues factored in. Maybe that's where the value is? If he had 14 Sacks in 2020... he'd probably be a 1st rounder.
I don't know what happened but that 2019 film by Rasheed was pretty impressive and his size and speed is too hard to ignore.

He's a mid round value so they all come with question marks that late.

I really like Them both as pass rushers as well as Jordan Smith and Shaka Toney in that range.

I don't know what happened but that 2019 film by Rasheed was pretty impressive and his size and speed is too hard to ignore.

He's a mid round value so they all come with question marks that late.

I really like Them both as pass rushers as well as Jordan Smith and Shaka Toney in that range.
I like Malcolm Koonce too

I like Malcolm Koonce too
Me too.

He has so much natural bend. I mentioned him in my other thread.

He reminds me the most of Junior Galette.

I just wish we knew how fast he is to figure out if he can also play linebacker.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom