I WANT this game. More than that, I NEED it! (1 Viewer)

It's a good sign. We will win by 10+.
If they're giving the Rams less points in the spread now, doesn't that mean that the bets were heavily favoring the Rams at 3.5? How is making us less favored a good thing? :scratch:

Bill, great post my friend. I will remember to the day I leave this earth the feelings I had in 2009 leading up to and including game day in the stadium. It was electric and truly a moment in my then 60+ years, 42 or so years as a Saints fan, where I still could not get my head around that we were really THAT close to going to the SuperBowl. I don't think I will ever be able to replicate that time again as it was a first and one deep down I was not sure we could do it against Brett Farve and the Vikings. To be there and see that FG go thru the uprights was a sports moment like none other. In '09 the Super Bowl win was honestly the 'icing on the cake' as just getting there was where I could dream.
This year is different in so many respects. We have already climbed that mountain and gotten the proverbial 'monkey off our backs'. It is also different for me as I know that we are nearing the very end of the Drew Brees historic era and that gives this game against the Rams a truly different meaning. I need this win because it really would be for Drew and allow him to cap his Hall of Fame career with another SuperBowl, hopefully a win against Tom Brady and the Patriots. If that could happen, he would have beaten two of the all time best QB's in the sports biggest stage and if that would not cement his place in history I am not sure what would.
However, one game at a time and as you said, this for me also is a 'need' game, but one for Drew - He and this team IMO deserve this game and the opportunity to cap a great season with a trip to Atlanta!
Geaux Saints - This has to be your destiny...
Thanks so much for this Joe. :9:

I've thought of all these things as well and going into the postseason this year I told myself that I would lean on these cherished thoughts to get me through whatever the playoffs might bring. But unfortunately my emotions have gone in a different direction. Yes, I know that the situation with Drew Brees has a LOT to do with those thoughts, but for some reason I'm starting to feel like missing out this time would be much harder to bear emotionally and as a result the fear of losing has become my daily concern even though I know that our Saints can do this.

Last evening I felt strongly enough about the issue that I had to know if others were feeling the same anxiety about possibly not making it to Atlanta. As much as I want Drew and the Saints to take it all this year, I especially want to see the Superdome and the city in the state of euphoria that we all experienced after the win over the Vikings nine years ago! I want that foe EVERYONE... not just me! Saints fans deserve to see and feel that way again!

That's what I need!

I know I'm going to be a wreck for our game on Sunday... because I'm already a wreck. I don't want this great season to end this weekend. I don't want to get this close and not seal the deal. I want to make it to Atlanta... and I want to win the SuperBowl.

I don't think I can handle not going all the way. That would be a horrible feeling, and I'm not ready for that. I want to feel the ecstasy of winning the NFC Championship at home against the Rams, and I want to relax and enjoy the later game on Sunday evening to see who we will get to play from the AFC.

It used to be easy to accept if we were not able to achieve some goal we all dream of for our Saints to accomplish. But I don't see myself being able to deal with even the thought that we won't prevail.

I think I may want this too badly. In fact, I think I need for the Saints to win. This feeling isn't really new, it's just stronger than ever before. I want Sunday to get here, but only if it is gonna be great.

Is anyone else going through this right now? :shocked: (help)
I feel you Bill. I'm a huge wreck. Mostly, I just have an affection for the players and I want it for them. They deserve it, especially Drew. For some of us long time fans this is especially important. This is only the 3rd time we've EVER been in the NFC Championship. I want it so insanely bad for the fans and the players.

I feel ya Bill. It’s diferent for me, as I want this badly for DB9.

And I too want to be able to relax and watch the AFC game coming off of a win for us. As I’m truly intrigued by that matchup.

If we *must lose, I’ll take heart in the fact that our core will be back next year and we can make one more charge with Drew, imo.

We are so strong, remember...the last play from the Minny game kept us out of this game just last year...so we’d be on back to back right now. Even getting here once is tough enough.

If we win, I betcha 50 cents there will be no relaxing to watch the AFCCG. We are all going to be amped up!

If we win, I betcha 50 cents there will be no relaxing to watch the AFCCG. We are all going to be amped up!
But if we don't, there may be a lot of TVs suddenly turned off for the rest of Sunday afternoon in the New Orleans area. I can certainly see such a thing happening at my house.

OP I'm there with you.... this work week cannot end quick enough. I WANT it and I NEED it..lol

It's going to happen....

Just remember, for my own mental health...

I'm holding you to this! :winkthumb:
Its going to be ok... I was scared in 2007... in 2010 I felt very confident.. I feel it now... We are the better team... And we have the Who Dats in full force.... Cancel your therapy session and book your trip to the ATL

If you need any more reason to be nervous and possessive of this season, look at the fate of our NFC South brethren post-Super Bowl appearance.

Panthers 2016 - 2018: 1 Wildcard appearance, 0 wins
Falcons 2017 - 2018: 1 Wildcard appearance, 1 win

That's 5 combined seasons of barely relevant mediocrity following a tough Super Bowl loss than many thought portended great future success for both "young" teams. Nothing is guaranteed in the NFL and the Saints will have to seize this rare chance while they have it.

If they're giving the Rams less points in the spread now, doesn't that mean that the bets were heavily favoring the Rams at 3.5? How is making us less favored a good thing? :scratch:
Public $$ on the Rams early. Watch what happens with the late $$

I was in the Dome for the Hartley winning kick last time Saints were in this position. The only regret I had at the time was my son was not there with me to witness it in person. However, he and I will be there for this one! Can't Wait!

I know I'm going to be a wreck for our game on Sunday... because I'm already a wreck. I don't want this great season to end this weekend. I don't want to get this close and not seal the deal. I want to make it to Atlanta... and I want to win the SuperBowl.

I don't think I can handle not going all the way. That would be a horrible feeling, and I'm not ready for that. I want to feel the ecstasy of winning the NFC Championship at home against the Rams, and I want to relax and enjoy the later game on Sunday evening to see who we will get to play from the AFC.

It used to be easy to accept if we were not able to achieve some goal we all dream of for our Saints to accomplish. But I don't see myself being able to deal with even the thought that we won't prevail.

I think I may want this too badly. In fact, I think I need for the Saints to win. This feeling isn't really new, it's just stronger than ever before. I want Sunday to get here, but only if it is gonna be great.

Is anyone else going through this right now? :shocked: (help)

I’d say so, just not in that many words (funny for ME to write that, I’m sure) but indeed. THIS Championship and Another Super Bowl WIN right now simply “feels” as if it’s OUR TIME AGAIN! The players , Coaches, Mr. Tom Passing and leaving OUR TEAM in the capable hands of Mrs. Benson ALL have that “FEELING” of being OUR YEAR. I “feel you” on this and agree and I can see into a one year future of Drew playing and THIS basic TEAM WINNING one more and see Drew retire and The #9 being retired as his # and Name Enter Our Ring of Fame.

I can see Taysom becoming our next starter and building the next dynasty as Drew helps him in any way possible to become all his potential will allow but I’m getting ahead as per usual. THIS game, I can see Oakafor BEASTING OUT and therefore allowing Cam Jordan to have his job well established as he continues to become the mentor for ALL Down linemen and DE’s who are called on to cover over the course of a season.

The reason I see Drew stay on to be the QB mentor if and when asked? I fore see one play using Taysom , Alvin, our two WRs , Josh Hill and Zach Line go for huge gains as Coach Payton loves him some FBs and the unexpected keeping his creational thinking full of surprises. I won’t diagram the play yet its in my mind so clearly..... A HUGE play for a TD as long as Zach doesn’t have to run over 40 yards as it will be that successful as to give him that sort of open field.

That’s it and I’ll repeat that I too feel that THIS game maybe more than The Super Bowl itself is THE MOST important game for us to WIN and The Super Bowl WILL take care of itself with US in it and add the benefit of playing in ATL will feel like another HOME GAME as we’ve been going there at least once a year for a long time so it is has that familiarity to the field for us. Plus, I feel we match up between the chefs or patty cakes will be to our advantage no matter what!

GEAUX SAINTS GEAUX~! Win THIS GAME and we’ll have the edge in The Super Bowl and we all enjoy that great feeling once again!

But if we don't, there may be a lot of TVs suddenly turned off for the rest of Sunday afternoon in the New Orleans area. I can certainly see such a thing happening at my house.

This cabin on a mountain in Tennessee will suddenly lose TV signal too most likely, if the worst has happened. ?

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom