I want this guy in black and gold (1 Viewer)

I have never seen one guy score so many touchdowns on KO and punt returns, and he is also lining up as a WR and a RB. I thought Reggie was great, until I saw this guy. He has to be one of the fastest players in the NCAA. I don't see the Saints getting this guy, because he will be long gone before we even get the pick.

Reggie Bush was 100 times the player in college that Ginn is, and the same will be true in the NFL.

Ginn = Peter Warrick or Desmond Howard.

Our Offense is good like it is for next season. we need to address our Defense in the draft.

Reggie Bush was 100 times the player in college that Ginn is, and the same will be true in the NFL.

Ginn = Peter Warrick or Desmond Howard.

I hate when I have to agree with LC, but I do here...

Ginn is built like Warrick and howard... He may be a hair faster than them, but thats it..

The one with bust potential is Dwayne Jarrett, he catches the ball with guys around him. That's not something you want to see on the college level because it indicates separation problems. Ted Ginn's a guy who throughout his life has been the best athlete on the field. It probably won't change in the NFL. He's not Peter Warrick because Warrick was slow. Desmond Howard, ok, I can see it, but Ginn's not a guy with moves, he's a slasher type which translates well to the NFL. Warrick was a guy with moves and no pure speed. Ginn was the top athlete entering college and he's one of the NCAA's most lethal weapons. I don't think he'll ever be a take over the game type like Calvin Johnson, but he will be an X factor in some NFL offense. Guys who are HUGE recruits, like Bush and Ginn, who have success at the NCAA level typically have success at the NFL level.

Lets just say we lose our next two games and we lose our first playoff game. The highest draft slot we could get would be in the mid 20's. To move from spot #25 to #8 in the draft it would cost us our 2nd and both of our 3rd's (is Stallworth signs with Eagles). Or it would cost us a 1st round pick in 2007. I love Patrick Willis and I have been hoping we draft him since the middle of last year but if he goes in the top ten then there is no chance he will be a Saint. Now if he slides down in the middle of the 1st then I am all for moving up to get him.

The one with bust potential is Dwayne Jarrett, he catches the ball with guys around him. That's not something you want to see on the college level because it indicates separation problems. Ted Ginn's a guy who throughout his life has been the best athlete on the field. It probably won't change in the NFL. He's not Peter Warrick because Warrick was slow. Desmond Howard, ok, I can see it, but Ginn's not a guy with moves, he's a slasher type which translates well to the NFL. Warrick was a guy with moves and no pure speed. Ginn was the top athlete entering college and he's one of the NCAA's most lethal weapons. I don't think he'll ever be a take over the game type like Calvin Johnson, but he will be an X factor in some NFL offense. Guys who are HUGE recruits, like Bush and Ginn, who have success at the NCAA level typically have success at the NFL level.

You've got a point about Warrick's straight line speed. Ginn is not faster than Reggie, and he is not faster than Desmond Howard. Ginn and Howard were basically the same player in college, and will be in the pros. A dangerous weapon? Sure. A first round pick? Hell no. Howard could slash and make NFL moves in the open field. Nothing like Reggie Bush or anything, but he made some nice moves. Ginn will be OK in the open field, but that's about it. He won't get separation in the NFL, he'll be pushed around, and he doesn't really run great routes at all.

BTW Trung Canidate was one of the highest rated high school RBs ever. Where is he now?

Ginn went to Ohio State to be a corner. If he can't make it at WR then I'm sure he has the speed to cover. I think Gonzales is a better WR than Ginn,but Ginn is better in the open field.

Ok.

Ginn has higher bust potential then many of the other possible 1st round picks.

Satisfied?

:_rofl:

Clever... you must be a poet.. "Bust potential"... and you base this on what I ask? Since you're the one that's always asking for links and proof... what makes you think he'll be a bust? I'll bet you thought Mike Williams would be the next coming of Chris Carter...

OK lets sit down and think for a minute.

I don't see us getting Ginn, Jarrett, nnor any top flight WR in the draft.. let me put it out there off the bat... I'd just love to see this guy in open field... wherever he goes.

Marques Colston has totally made the scouting of WRs a complete crapshoot. We can say that Colston had the drive and determination to get better... or we can say that Curtis Johnson has turned him into the player he is... or we can say that its a combination of the two.

Colston has done better than every WR that was PROJECTED before him. Hell.. COlston was scouted to play TE because the so-called experts didn't think he was NFL material.

So I think any of the WRs that get drafted or signed has the same chance to contribute as the 1st WR that's drafted. Who has the best shot at being an impact player? Who knows? Who's the biggest bust? Only time will tell. But I do know this... out of all of the WRs that willenter the draft I'd hate to be on the guy that has Ginn man-to-man. you can agree or disagree, but that guy is scary.

Hey! No fair. We want Samardzija. I like this kid. I know this won't sit well with you fellas but he sure reminds me alot of Jay Novacek only faster.
As for Ted Ginn..........Scary fast. This guy has that deceptive speed. You, me and everybody else would love to have him. Thanks for the highlight video Super Reg. I'm gonna go get me some popcorn.

So, you want a WR that reminds you of a TE?

Tressel should have utilized Ginn at CB more. Versatility earns roster spots in the NFL.

If we traded up, They should get Patrick Willis

Man, that ain't no joke. This guy is gaining momentum as the weeks leading up to the offseason approaches. All I've been hearing about is that stud LB from Ole Miss.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom