I want to be a Motivational Speaker (1 Viewer)

MTDB1983

Very Banned
Reaction score
It’s been a dream of mine for some time now. If you all remember, I wrote a post before the NFC Championship game that riled The Who Dat Nation up and got about 100 likes.

Tonight, I lead the National Sales call for my company for the first time, and my reception was overwhelming. They whooped and hollered for me and I started receiving text after text congratulating me on a job well done. At the end of the call, my VP said “Well, I don’t wanna follow that... I don’t even know how!”. My CEO even called me and told me that I had him amped.

With that said, what is youre experience with the road to becoming a MS? And eventually a Keynote guy?

Most people say to accomplish something amazing, and that gives you the credibility. But there are hundreds of people out there creating motivation for thousands of people who didn’t have one single great accomplishment.

What say you guys?

You just motivated me to follow you.
You, therefore, are a motivational poster.

Have you ever studied public speaking or communications?

You just motivated me to follow you.
You, therefore, are a motivational poster.

Have you ever studied public speaking or communications?

Yes, I took Public Speaking in college & aced it with 100+. And my Bachelors degree is in Mass Communications.

why do you want to do it?

You don't need some sort of singular, special accomplishment or distinction. But you have to have a clear idea of purpose or motivation, yourself. Probably something more specific than "I want to help people" - 'niche' probably isn't the right word. Or 'brand.' But there's got to be something compelling and particular that comes from your desire/objective to do this in the first place.

why do you want to do it?

You don't need some sort of singular, special accomplishment or distinction. But you have to have a clear idea of purpose or motivation, yourself. Probably something more specific than "I want to help people" - 'niche' probably isn't the right word. Or 'brand.' But there's got to be something compelling and particular that comes from your desire/objective to do this in the first place.

I’m a top performer in the sales field. I want to dig into people and get the best out of them. I want to help companies create excellent sales teams. This is my credibility.

But the true “why”, is bc I crave the stage. The energy. The ability to help someone else defeat a problem they aren’t even aware of is addictive. I’m the ultra-competitor. I want to win. I want to create competitors in a game they aren’t even aware they’re in. And then make winners out of them.

But enough about me and why. Does anyone have ideas, suggestions, thoughts about that path? How to turn it into a reality? Of course Google and YouTube is something I’ve researched extensively but I respect you guys so much I want to hear your thoughts.

It’s been a dream of mine for some time now. If you all remember, I wrote a post before the NFC Championship game that riled The Who Dat Nation up and got about 100 likes.

Tonight, I lead the National Sales call for my company for the first time, and my reception was overwhelming. They whooped and hollered for me and I started receiving text after text congratulating me on a job well done. At the end of the call, my VP said “Well, I don’t wanna follow that... I don’t even know how!”. My CEO even called me and told me that I had him amped.

With that said, what is youre experience with the road to becoming a MS? And eventually a Keynote guy?

Most people say to accomplish something amazing, and that gives you the credibility. But there are hundreds of people out there creating motivation for thousands of people who didn’t have one single great accomplishment.

What say you guys?
Release some videos for YouTube or some other social media platform. If it goes well you can start your own YouTube channel. Companies may also pay you for the rights to use your material in their training programs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom