I want to roll the dice. Take a chance. (1 Viewer)

If Drew is back, then the absolute top priority in draft/FA is interior offensive line (and OL as a whole) and a blocking fullback. Good defenses in the playoffs storm Drew's interior pocket, and the offense cannot produce.

Saints FO must get better preparing for the barriers and critical risks caused by wear-down of the roster in the grueling regular season, and then stud pass-rushers in the playoffs.

Next, get a 2nd receiver. The Houston Texans wasted a good offense for many years around 10 years ago because they never put a good 2nd receiver opposite of Andre Johnson.

This team rarely wins games when Brees doesn’t play well. It’s like it takes the wind out of the team’s sails. I knew that the Saints would lose the Vikings game when the Saints forced a turnover and they couldn’t turn it into a touchdown on a short field. From that moment on, you could see that it was going to be a long day. I think the psyche of the team completely changes without Brees...they don’t rely on his greatness to win games...there is more attention to detail. As Brees ages and the number of bad games increase...this won’t get easier for the Saints. I’m personally not convinced that this team is better off with Brees than it is with Bridgewater next year. I know Bridgewaters floor, and I know the Saints can win with that floor. I don’t know the 2020 Brees floor but I suspect it’ll be lower than the 2019 Brees floor...and 2019 wasn’t good enough.

To me this is what Sean Payton should be concentrating....revamp the Saints secondary, and replace the secondary coach, who is responsible for the performance of players. Forget about all the talk of Brees Teddy or Taysom......its the secondary, stupid!

Good read.

I've been a big supporter of Glenn, but it seems to me our talent is better than our coaching. Glenn is out there cheerleading, but is he up to the task of teaching finesse technique and discipline to young DB's? I can't answer that with a definitive "yes", so...

When you have players like Crawley and Apple with all the tools and get abused because of technique and confidence, it's time to take a look at the position coach.

About the offense, just running the ball would take a lot of pressure off the defense. Your offense can't score in under 3 minutes and expect the defense to go right back out there with good energy.

Last edited:
How would you rate a horse that leads by 10 lengths for an entire race but always gets passed in the last furlong?

13-3 and out is not why you put a team on the field.

So since only one team can win the Super Bowl every year, the other 31 should fire their coaches and turn over their entire rosters the day after elimination because what they did obviously didn't work?

Sean Payton said it best .

If we had gotten it done earlier a bad call would not have mattered.

One thing is clear. The team makeup as it stands has not been able to close the deal.

Most often I hear that a WR2 is all we need.

I'm just thinking we need to be a bit more radical and shake things up.
I kind of get where you are coming. The only way we make big changes is if we absolutely have to (if/when Brees retires). I can see us being more ball control offense with TB5 or Taysom at the helm

I think you are over simplifying things. No fan is upset with having a winning team, winning division titles, having personal records set...etc. Just as the players and the coaches, the fans want another Super Bowl shot. Let me ask this. Do you think the Saints organization as a whole, is satisfied with what has happened the past 3 years? You think they are content? NO WAY! So why should the fans be?

That's not what I was saying and if you read the OP then you would understand why I said that.

He was saying that we needed an Overhaul, which is just egregious being that we are coming off a 13-3 season.

Listen I want a Superbowl just as bad as the next guy, but so does every other fan on any other fanbase.

We have one of the most talented rosters in the NFL. A lot of these guys are still young and getting better. It's just blasphemy to state that we need an overhaul when we have been the winningest team the past 3 years.

The playoffs are a weird thing man, a lot of the times the best team doesnt win the superbowl.

It's all about who the hottest team at that point of the year is, as well as having a little bit of luck.

But let's just take a look at the playoffs for the Saints the last 3 years

2017 Divisonal Round, Minnesota Vikings:

Took the lead late with seconds left. Case Keenum threw up a prayer, and the football gods answered. We had a lot of young players on that squad in 2017. Many of them rookies, and 2nd year players. Thanks to that wonderful 2017 draft. Yes.... that play could have been prevented, but Marcus was a rookie. Rookie players make Rookie Mistakes.

2018 NFC Championship LA RAMS:

I dont think I need to spend to much time here. The Saints were robbed of a trip to the Superbowl, and probably winning the Superbowl. They were the best team in the NFL in 2018 all season long, including the playoffs.

2019 Wildcard, Minnesota Vikings:

No excuse for this game, but I refuse to put this on the players. We limped into the playoffs this year, but besides that we just were Outcoached. If you go back and watch the tape again Sean Payton and staff may have coached their worst game in the whole entire Sean Payton ERA. The team was not prepared, and coaches stubbornly refused to make adjustments. Our best LG was on the bench (Nick Easton). Andrus Peat was getting beat like a drum for most of the first half. Yet, Sean stubbornly refused to replace him with Easton. Drew was getting pressure in his face for 3 quarters. If your a Saints fan, you know the only way to beat Drew Brees is to get interior pressure. On top of that our receivers weren't getting any separation, therefore our offense couldnt get into rhythm for 3 quarters.

Even though as bad as they played, they still had a chance to win at the end of the game in OT.

I do not view these 3 years as failures, Sometimes as a player/coach, you have to go through a considerable amount of grief to try and make sure your not put in those positions anymore.

Our team is gaining more experience, and the crop from 2017 ON are starting to learn how to be pros.

I do not thing the Window is closed, and if we can keep most of our core players as well as add a couple peaces, this may be our best shot at winning another superbowl.

Trust me I know the Saints roster isn't perfect, but who's is? I would take this roster over any other one in the NFL.

They have consistently put their self in position to win a lombardi the last 3 years, and if drew comes back, like I feel he will, then the FO needs to take advantage. Spend the money... keep our guys, and fill the holes.

Windows of opportunity dont last long, but I think we are still in it.

I see where you're going... but what happens when someone comes up with 6 minute abs?

No! No, no, not 6! I said 7. Nobody's comin' up with 6. Who works out in 6 minutes? You won't even get your heart goin, not even a mouse on a wheel.
7's the key number here. Think about it. 7-Elevens. 7 dwarves. 7, man, that's the number. 7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea. It's like you're dreamin' about Gorgonzola cheese when it's clearly Brie time, baby. Step into my office.
You're freaking fired!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom