I want to show you something... "Recipes Organized" (1 Viewer)

Joe OKC

"Better Days"
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I hope that it is recieved well here at SR.com and I await your thoughts. All comments, suggestions and additions will be welcomed.

I am hoping that soon this becomes an added SR.com feature...

Any of you that are good with HTML and stuff, and have ideas how to make it better, you are more than welcome to help me with this.

Search's. auto loads, etc...

Anyway, It is about all that I could find here and on my saved Hard Drive from the past. Searching archieves etc.

But again, it needs some work.. It needs to grow and grow better. So again, anyone that can and will help, your assistence would be appreciated.

Joe

Link...

That's an awesome idea Joe.

PM if you need any web help and there are others on here that would probably be willing to help as well.

You rock Joe. :rock:

I've got a couple I could add. Lemme know and I'll PM to you.

Not bad. The only thing I'd suggest is to put a list of the courses somewhere around the top for someone to quickly link to where they wanna go.

Great job Joe, I've got a stuffed portobello recipe I've been working on. I'll pm it to you if you want.

Not bad. The only thing I'd suggest is to put a list of the courses somewhere around the top for someone to quickly link to where they wanna go.

That's a good idea... would that be a tag? Sooner or later it will prolly link to a sub-chapter html page...

as to adding recipes. For the time being, Just keep adding them to the recipe thread and I'll add things as time allows.

What would be nice is for a faster and easier that a member could post a recipe and it automatically creates an html page.

another thing might be a framed window that open the recipe itself, instead of directing to it's own page... I dunno. It's all above my head right now, but I am messing with it.

Joe

You're going about it the wrong way. What you want is a site that holds the recipes in a database. That way, instead of having to manually create an HTML page for each recipe, you create one page that can pull any recipe from the database based on an id or other search criteria. Creating one is child's play for anyone who has done web development for a while.

Nah, just a linkage for better navigation. It's the same concept that you have now, just a main list at the top for faster navigation.

I don't see a prob with pop up vinders instead of a separate page. The only forseeable problem with that is if someone is surfing and checking a bunch of recipes could wind up having way too many vinders open at one time.

[EDIT] Webmeistro has a MUCH better option

You're going about it the wrong way. What you want is a site that holds the recipes in a database. That way, instead of having to manually create an HTML page for each recipe, you create one page that can pull any recipe from the database based on an id or other search criteria. Creating one is child's play for anyone who has done web development for a while.

Now that's the kind of thinking that I need. I do not understand databases in any shape form or fashion. Also that's the reason it didn;t get too big right off the bat.

But I am willing to make changes for the future to make it more funtionable for us.

Joe

Now that's the kind of thinking that I need. I do not understand databases in any shape form or fashion. Also that's the reason it didn;t get too big right off the bat.

But I am willing to make changes for the future to make it more funtionable for us.

Joe

Yeah, that and more functionable too. :hihi:

That's a good idea... would that be a tag?

An anchor

What would be nice is for a faster and easier that a member could post a recipe and it automatically creates an html page.

See database suggestion, above.

another thing might be a framed window that open the recipe itself, instead of directing to it's own page... I dunno. It's all above my head right now, but I am messing with it.
Joe

No frames or popups, please.

Looks great though. I always like the "printable version" links that are very clean (pdf or basic html) to print and bring to the kitchen.

Holy crap.
Max had a squirrel gumbo recipe.

I am just using MS frontpage.

If there is enough interest, maybe someone will help me get started in the right direction, and I'll do the work, once I figure it out. Using this database idea. the 100 recipes there were very time consuming..

Andrus does know about this and has for a little while, so it is not a big surprise to our webmaster...

So anyway, that's what I've been messing with for a little while.

[edit] - and where would I find this database in which you speak.

Joe

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom