I was browsing the 2020 Schedule. At first blush it seems light. (1 Viewer)

Spylake

Banned
Reaction score
The 2020 schedule seems to be, based on this years team rankings, about as easy as they come.

Anyone else have an observation.

If I'm right we won't get a lot of respect unless we make it deep into the playoffs or the SB.

We do this every year. It’s way too early to judge a schedule. Last year, the 49ers game looked like a gimme and the Bears game looked like a potential slug fest. There’s way too much turnover, parity, and injury to talk SOS before a season. Our schedule this season ended up having only 4 playoff teams.

As for respect, who cares? Unless we go 16-0 next season or beat teams by 21 a game, we are officially in “who cares what they do in the regular season; can they finally get in done in the playoffs” territory with the media.

Light?
We play the chiefs, packers, Vikings and 49ers at home.
We play at the bears, Eagles, and broncos, 3 potential cold weather games.
Divisional games are always tough.
Then the chargers, raiders, lions.
I see 5 playoffs teams, although 4 are at home. Based on home/road splits this year, maybe it would be better the other way around. We need to get the dome field advantage back.

Like mentioned way too early to judge how teams will fare next season Vegas, Denver, Detroit look easy now but could potentially be playoff contenders next season.

Also have to factor in there's a good chance one of Atlanta, Carolina, or Tampa take a leap forward and become viable competitors for the South.

We thought games at Seattle and Chicago would be extremely hard this year.

It just rarely plays out like you expect.

It’s January.
I think the Saints at least win the division again, but it’s too early to be penciling in wins and losses on the 2020 schedule.

We do this every year. It’s way too early to judge a schedule. Last year, the 49ers game looked like a gimme and the Bears game looked like a potential slug fest. There’s way too much turnover, parity, and injury to talk SOS before a season. Our schedule this season ended up having only 4 playoff teams.

As for respect, who cares? Unless we go 16-0 next season or beat teams by 21 a game, we are officially in “who cares what they do in the regular season; can they finally get in done in the playoffs” territory with the media.

Sure shoot me down with logic. But I'm not alone in my assessment.

1578700182900.png

Sure shoot me down with logic. But I'm not alone in my assessment.
The assessment holds no weight though

2019 result of schedule, has no bearing at all on team's 2020 outlook.

Every team starts over at 0-0, 2018; 49ers were 3-13, and the Rams were a 13-3 team; things can change too radically season to season.

Far too early to tell.

while the rest of the nfc south had a losing record this year, Atlanta has some talent and Carolina could bounce back. No telling what Arians does in year two.

in terms of other divisions the saints play, NFC north is easier than nfc west of this year but harder than the nfc East would be

with respect to the afc, West is probably their top division.

I honestly don't care for regular season anymore. What does it matter if they win 5, 10, 13 regular season games and then go 0-1 or 1-1 in the playoffs and never sniff the superbowl again. I know some of this is the refs, but I don't have any confidence in a SP playoff game plan. Since 2009 he has been mediocre at best in the playoffs.

There’s really no way to assess “strength of schedule” until after the regular season has ended. There are usually a few teams that significantly turn things around for the better and some for the worse.

You can throw division games out the window (at least ours) because you never know what can happen. And, with the exception of two games, we’re basically playing the same schedule. Tampa was an above average QB away from making it to the playoffs but that’s just my opinion.

It's too early to tell. This time last season the Colts were looking really good, then Luck retired. The Raiders were a laughing stock to some, but Mayok and Gruden crushed the draft and they have a lot of draft capital this season as well so that game in Vegas won't be a cake walk.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom