I was listening to WWL after the game today & (1 Viewer)

The competition will take place when Drew decides to hang it up....both of these guys might be in the competition or neither of them might be in the competition, but for this year, it doesn't matter

We have the best QB room in the NFL...if Drew goes down, we are screwed just like every other team, but at least we would have a prayer of winning a game or two with TB or TH....
I'm not sure how many nfl teams would be screwed if their starter went down, but this competition is vital if something were to happen to Brees. And quite frankly I can't explain how thrilled I was to see Taysom's progress at QB since last season. He has shown his true desire to not only be a great player in general, but to also be a good QB in this league. It makes me wonder what Pete Charmichael could have done with a guy like Tim Tebow had we had him & he was willing to be an everything type of player & learn his position over a long period of time. There are others that come to mind as well.

I personally don't think of it a 1, 2 and 3. More like Drew then 2a and 2b. Teddy and Taysom bring different things to the game and when Drew isn't around anymore, I wouldn't be mad at all of continuing with Teddy as 1a and Taysom 1b at QB

The way I look at it, assuming a worst case scenario took place, Let's say if the Good Lord forbid, Drew got knocked out of a game. We all know Taysom is going to get snaps in any game, so he's already into the flow of a game. And even though I'm looking at the situation as It's Teddy number two. If something did happen to Drew, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Taysom come in & play a series, or two until Teddy got warmed up & ready to play.

And again, Lord forbid, if Drew couldn't go the next week, then Teddy starts & Taysom comes in as a situational substitute & plays a couple to a few plays as well as being on the field with Teddy. It gives the team a lot of options it didn't have last year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom