I was so glad to see Murray finally get some playing time (1 Viewer)

David Robbins

Ole Miss Rocks!
Reaction score
Man, he looked really good yesterday. Strong running style. Reminded me of Mark Ingram, except taller. And, I think he has better speed than Mark did. We really need to see more playing time from him. Kamara needs someone who can not only spell him, but also give the defense something else to worry about - a change of pace, different style running back, and a bruiser - or, in other words, Thunder to Kamara's lightning.

Our running game was doing absolutely nothing with just Kamara. When they starting using Murray, our running game began to click, and that opened up the offense more. Helped to open up Mike Thomas as well. I think he only had a couple of catches up to the point of the game without Murray playing. Murray came in and started to make plays, and the offense seemed to open up more. Hi/Lo just couldn't do much, because he was off Yesterday. If Drew had been playing, I still think we would have put up 30 points or more.

He needs more playing time next week. Let him take the beating next week instead of Kamara. Can't afford Kamara's leg problems to linger on. I'm wondering if he tweeked his knee because he was compensating for his ankle. Those types of things do happen

I was screaming at my television to feed Murray since Kamara was obviously bothered by his ankle. I applaud his willingness to play hurt, and him being in the game did draw a lot of attention to him that likely opened up things for other players. Murray had the hot hand yesterday and gashed their D on the majority of his touches for at least 5 yards it seemed. Was really glad to see it. He played a great game yesterday.

They need to rest Kamara as much as necessary to get him fresh for the stretch.

Hate to burst that bubble, but Murray doesn't come close to Ingram.
Before Kamara was in the NFL, Ingram had the most broken tackles over a few seasons.
He posted a 21+mph run on a LONG TD run a few years ago.
Ingram is even beating Kamara this season stat-wise.
Ingram - 87 for 424, 4.9 avg, 7 TD -
Kamara - 86 for 373, 4.3 avg, 1 TD -
Murray - 32 for 138, 4.3 avg, 1TD

I certainly hope for Murray to turn that corner, but we are definitely missing Ingram.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom