I was wrong. Saints do have a chance to make the Super Bowl. (1 Viewer)

Seriously, you honestly believe that? The defense is a total train wreck. No pass rush and just terrible secondary play. They are pretty solid against the run.

I'm willing to bet on the pass rush being better. They at least had a good game last week with Davenport back. The secondary needs to show me something before I can take up for them. They have talent but we need to see it. I would guess they improve but I wouldn't knock someone if they doubted it.

I'll make an assessment week 10-12. This season is too weird and teams are making 180 turns left and right. I'll wait until the critical weeks to make up my mind on this team's potential ceiling. Lets deal with the problems/difficulties/injuries now and round into form week 10 ish.

Of course we have a chance, assuming our secondary comes to life eventually. If not, then it's going to be a mighty slim chance. Seriously, if the defense of last year shows back up and the offense keeps getting in sync, we'll be fine.

NFC teams are horrible this year. The only team better than the Saints is Seattle Seahawks. I don’t think the Rams, Bears or Bucs better than the Saints. When it comes to defense, Saints just have to cut out the mental lapses. I would take Saints defense over anyone in the NFC. Front line and secondary stack with talent. I think after the bye, this team will show why they are Super Bowl contenders.

And Seattle is so beatable with their bad defense

Aaaand don’t forget about the refs. They determined the outcome of our last two playoffs, our seeding, and had a good hand in our losses this year too

There's still alot of football left to be played. The Saints can end up in great position at season's end but they will need great health and better defensive play to have a decent chance. The secondary has to get their issues straight. Too much talent back there to be having the problems they are. Offense has to get back to starting faster. It's great they have shown resilience the last two games coming back from double digit deficits but that formula will not continue to work especially against better teams. The biggest litmus test of the Saints season I feel will be at Tampa on my birthday, November 8. If the Saints can go on the road against a motivated Bucs team in Primetime and beat them that could settle the division and springboard the Saints toward a strong playoff run hopefully to the Super Bowl.

Well, as bad as we have looked 3-2 feels miraculous. We are in the hunt. The Bucs just put on a show. We cannot start slow anymore.

The defense needs to improve by leaps and bounds. I hope this 2 weeks off is used to install a defense that makes more sense with the players that we have. I have to wonder if SP is getting more involved on the defensive side. If I recall correctly, Rob Ryan's first year he did what he wanted and we had a good defense. Year 2, HE claims SP started calling the shots and the defense was too complicated and fell to crap. This just seems eerily similar. For someone who knows offense so well, SP just cannot figure out how to field a consistently decent defense. I think the reason Allen is still here is because SP feels that continuity will yield better results than a new defense coach every 2 or 3 years.

At this point I am not sure I agree. Our first year with a new D coach is usually pretty good.....so maybe a new guy every season is the ticket haha.

Anyway, many of the defense problems do seem fixable. I think we will go on a tear in the last half of the season and break off 4 or 5 wins in a row.

NFC teams are horrible this year. The only team better than the Saints is Seattle Seahawks. I don’t think the Rams, Bears or Bucs better than the Saints. When it comes to defense, Saints just have to cut out the mental lapses. I would take Saints defense over anyone in the NFC. Front line and secondary stack with talent. I think after the bye, this team will show why they are Super Bowl contenders.
It has been said as nauseam, about the defense since the first game. Nothing has changed for the better. In fact, it has only gotten worse. The word, JUST, keeps coming up, but never changes. Just...just...just! JUST if Payton would get rid of Dennis Allen and the rest of the defensive staff, they may JUST have a chance to be better. But it is JUST too late in this season to do anything about Allen and his staff. JUST have to wait till next year...😂😂.

We have to play red hot in the postseason for 60 minutes each game. Which is pretty much the criteria for most teams.

We need our offensive line to play lights out. We need Davenport to improve every game from here on out. Unless we make a trade for a safety...our D-line pressure has to improve greatly.

Here is my early prediction for the final standings:
1) Seahawks: 14-2
2) Packers: 12-4
3) Bucs: 11-5
4) Eagles: 7-8-1
5) Niners: 10-6
6) Saints: 10-6
7) Bears: 9-7

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom