I went deaf yesterday (1 Viewer)

I'm sorry to read about your hearing loss, SaintsBrazil and I sure hope it's just temporary. In the meantime, you'll fit right in with the Austin crowd. Half of us can't hear worth a damn, which could explain how it is that we are able to tolerate each other so well. :ezbill:

I hope it's only temporary as well....I couldn't imagine just waking up one day to only realize I have lost one of my senses.

I'll definitely send some prayers your way...Keep us updated!

Wow. That's no good. Hopefully you get it back, man. Good luck with everything.

what religion are you?

I remember him saying before that he was/is a Baptist missionary.

You and your family are in my prayers SB. Remember that in times of trial God is there more than ever. As St Paul said to the church at Colossae (Colossians 1:24), "Now I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake..." I also try to recall the late Archbishop Fulton J Sheen words when he said, 'there is nothing worse than wasted sufferings." I see you are a genuine christian man, so the Lord may have something special in store for you, so use this time as purification. I think a time of complete silence away from things of the world would do many of us a lot of good, but am sad to hear of the circumstances affording you it. I pray, along with the many prayers you will get from this site, God willing, that your hearing is fully restored.

I remember him saying before that he was/is a Baptist missionary.

You and your family are in my prayers SB. Remember that in times of trial God is there more than ever. As St Paul said to the church at Colossae (Colossians 1:24), "Now I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake..." I also try to recall the late Archbishop Fulton J Sheen words when he said, 'there is nothing worse than wasted sufferings." I see you are a genuine christian man, so the Lord may have something special in store for you, so use this time as purification. I think a time of complete silence away from things of the world would do many of us a lot of good, but am sad to hear of the circumstances affording you it. I pray, along with the many prayers you will get from this site, God willing, that your hearing is fully restored.

StChad:

Man, if your comment isnt a look at the positive side, then I dont know what is........... Well stated....

Thanks for the encouragement. Yes, I am trying to make the best of it. Kinda like a timeout in my life for the moment.

Degenerative hearing loss runs in my family most go completely deaf by 45, so I can definitely empathize(I have it and wear hearing aids right now).

I'm not a medical professional and don't know you're exact situation, but you might want to investigate cochlear implants. My brother has one and his hearing isn't perfect but he can hold conversations and hear over the phone.

That may be in my future DCSaints_Fan, but I am holding out for my hearing to come back. I lost my hearing 10 years ago and it came back after 4 months. This time we have a better idea of the cause and so the medicine I am taking and the bedrest may help.

Wow SB, that really sends me for a loop. Of course the wife and I will send prayers to you and your family. My wife complains that I am losing my hearing, but oddly enough it's only when she is nagg....uh speaking. God bless and keep your faith.

I'll keep you in my thoughts. I'm not deaf, so obviously I can't know how you feel, but I do have two deaf parents so I can sympathize with you.

SB, I hope your hearing comes back and you make a full recovery.
God Bless.

Best Wishes man, hope your hearing does return soon, when I first read the first post I thought of the TV Show house, too bad he isn't real because he'd have you hearing in a jiffy after several mis-diagnoses. You are in my prayers man.

Sorry that you are having problems SB. I will have a good thought for you and your family. Hope you get better soon.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom