I went to Tijuana a couple weeks ago to do 5-MeO-DMT (1 Viewer)

All I could think of... how many people went for this experience and literally died. Never to be seen again.
Yup. Totally ok if someone wants to try that of their own volition and share the experience -- hey, whatever floats your boat.

But to share a (believed) experience that includes lack of supervision to the extent of allowing someone to purposefully blind themselves...and THEN heartily recommend it to others??? Nah, not so much.

It sounds stupid to say it but there’s little other way for me to describe it

Another way to describe it, you were high. You ingested a substance that disrupted your normal brain functions and you think the hallucinations you experienced are some sort of spiritual awakening.

... but you just were high.

All I could think of... how many people went for this experience and literally died. Never to be seen again.
The substance itself is not of huge health risk, even at high doses. (Edit: you can overdose though and it does not mix well with MAOIs)

Now I could see someone having a heart attack if they were predisposed.

There are a lot of drugs out there, particularly psychadelics, that are viewed as being a lot more dangerous or harmful than they have the potential to be. I remember when I realized that almost everything I had been taught in DARE was a massive embellishment or outright lie.

I actually remember yelling out randomly... "Nancy Reagan lied to me!"

I will say that the difference between a 5-MeO-DMT and something like LSD, 2-CB, etc, is the "trip" with 5-MeO-DMT is supposedly so intense and immersive that you really need a professional to guide the experience.

A 2019 European study with 42 volunteers showed that a single inhalation produced sustained enhancement of satisfaction with life, and easing of anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).

In 2018, researchers also discovered that 5-MeO-DMT is a psychoplastogen, which refers to a compound capable of promoting rapid and sustained neural plasticity.

Last edited:
.... is supposedly so intense and immersive that you really need a professional to guide the experience.
This to me is the key. I don't really have an interest but always toyed with the idea of doing something if I were every diagnosed to be terminal. But no way, no how would I do it without a professional guide.

Yup. Totally ok if someone wants to try that of their own volition and share the experience -- hey, whatever floats your boat.

But to share a (believed) experience that includes lack of supervision to the extent of allowing someone to purposefully blind themselves...and THEN heartily recommend it to others??? Nah, not so much.
To poo poo on such experiences continues to be more dangerous than sharing the experience.

Another way to describe it, you were high. You ingested a substance that disrupted your normal brain functions and you think the hallucinations you experienced are some sort of spiritual awakening.

... but you just were high.
Yes, I don't doubt the contribution of the substance. It doesn't make it less meaningful. It made me think that humans were meant to interact with this, that we evolved synergistically with these substances.

In other words, I don't find less meaning in it for the simple fact that it changed me. That would be truly ill-conceieved.

I also did this because I am a life-long alcoholic. Not a chronic drinker, but I've grown tired of reaching for alcohol in my life, and it just gets so old. I will recommend this place to anyone who is interested, they treated me like family. I was really touched by how they loved me while I was there.
Well its ability to promote neural plasticity making it easier to rewrite behaviors that were deeply ingraned should help, but it still requires the active changing of those behaviors.

I think what I am saying is a trip does not change you, what you take from the trip and carry into your life does.

Also true of the neurological health benifits that can help with changing long standing habits/behaviors. It only helps if the focus remains on making the change, the substance/experience is an aide, not an instant cure.

If you partake, the likelihood you'll have my experience is nearly zero. The most common experience is a "white out" and you cease to exist. It's still very pleasant, but the extremes I had are not common, so don't go into it looking for that.

Well its ability to promote neural plasticity making it easier to rewrite behaviors that were deeply ingraned should help, but it still requires the active changing of those behaviors.
The only lasting impact I can describe is an underlying sense of calm, something I can't quite put into words.

I think what I am saying is a trip does not change you, what you take from the trip and carry into your life does.

Also true of the neurological health benifits that can help with changing long standing habits/behaviors. It only helps if the focus remains on making the change, the substance/experience is an aide, not an instant cure.
Are you a psychologist? You sound like one.

To poo poo on such experiences continues to be more dangerous than sharing the experience.
You're missing the point. I'm being totally sincere when I say "whatever floats your boat" so I'm not crapping on the experience.

The issue for me is the whole "being allowed to stare at the sun by providers who are supposed to guide you through the experience, and then recommending those same providers to others". But since that didn't actually happen the way you described it, it's probably just a matter of how many angels are dancing on the head of a pin.

You're missing the point. I'm being totally sincere when I say "whatever floats your boat" so I'm not crapping on the experience.

The issue for me is the whole "being allowed to stare at the sun by providers who are supposed to guide you through the experience, and then recommending those same providers to others". But since that didn't actually happen the way you described it, it's probably just a matter of how many angels are dancing on the head of a pin.
I honestly wouldn't let someone do what I did. It's too dangerous. But I did it and I'm fine. Someone would have needed to physically restrain me to get me to stop looking at the Sun. It was a quite unique experience.

I feel I was lucky to be with a Shaman who let me take a risk. I wouldn't trade the experience for anything.

Are you a psychologist? You sound like one.
No, BIE actually, and an amateur psychonaut.

Read Alexander Shulgin's books(PiHKAL, TiHKAL), I try to read up on the ongoing clinical/scientific research (mostly out of Europe), read some of Timothy Leary's stuff, etc.

Until recentley most of the good information and research was conducted elsewhere. Happy to see the US is starting to push back against the policies of blanket prohibition, and fearmongering through misinformation.

Research into health benifits and therapies are starting to get off the ground.

Also education resources for responsible drug use, understanding of the effects, and the practice of harm reduction are starting to be more available.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom