I will eat all my words (1 Viewer)

That is a weak argument. Brees was a big name and he was offered more money by the Saints. Hollis Thomas was well known around the league and had played in the Super Bowl the previous season. Jeff Faine was a former first round selection and yes not well known unless you know football.

Point is that the FO has done what it needed to do to improve this team over the past few years. They evaluated talent pretty poorly last offseason but they were active.

you said the keys words " few years ". I talking about at least the last decade. You cant say that the FO all of a sudden changed a whole history of FA failure for the past 10 years or so by them getting one drew brees, and basically a few decent plug ins. Faine did an excellent job but could you acually predict that. Drew Brees is the only one that you could say unless his arm is screwed, then he will absolutly do some great things for us.

in a way no, but in a way yes. He is one of the big names and yes they are doing a good job if he is actually interested, but if he fails then it could be somewhat their fault because they knew beforehand that the pats and us do not play the same sort defense. In fact isnt that the same thing that happened to jason david. Everyone thought he was a great pickup when we signed him, because he didnt do that bad in the pats defensive scheme. But when he got to the saints he surprisingly became the worst cb in the league. Kind strange dont you think.

sounds to me that unless samuel is signed and has 20 interceptions for TDs next season, the FO will fail, in your eyes

you said the keys words " few years ". I talking about at least the last decade. You cant say that the FO all of a sudden changed a whole history of FA failure for the past 10 years or so by them getting one drew brees, and basically a few decent plug ins. Faine did an excellent job but could you acually predict that. Drew Brees is the only one that you could say unless his arm is screwed, then he will absolutly do some great things for us.

Now you are back pedaling. You said this FO. The other guys are gone for a reason. However, i could make a reasonable argument for the Mueller regime when he was named NFL Executive of the year in 2000.

all i am saying is do like the other good teams in the league. Fill in holes with ppl that will work with your scheme. Dont find players that play zone when we play almost all man. And you dont have to go for the big names just because of who they are, because they might not be the same kind of player with us.

all i am saying is do like the other good teams in the league. Fill in holes with ppl that will work with your scheme. Dont find players that play zone when we play almost all man. And you dont have to go for the big names just because of who they are, because they might not be the same kind of player with us.

All I am saying is that this FO does that. Yes they missed on Jason David but you can't always nail it. The Patriots signed Moss, Stallworth, Kelley Washington and traded for Welker just to find two top notch receievers. 50/50.

Give the FO some credit.

man the controversy that arises when i make a post. and this is only my second one. i think i am going to start becoming the guy who always thinks the saints are the best, getting every FA thats worth anything, loomis and payton are the greatest and just forget all about the past failures since we are winning all the time with these great FAs' we pick up every year.

All I am saying is that this FO does that. Yes they missed on Jason David but you can't always nail it. The Patriots signed Moss, Stallworth, Kelley Washington and traded for Welker just to find two top notch receievers. 50/50.

Give the FO some credit.

i do give them credit, they did a great job getting brees. God only knows where we would be if we didnt get him. Another aaron brooks. Also look at who they went after. Moss, Stallworth and welker. All of which knew that they could work in the long ball with time and quick with none. It works. Dont go after nobodys that you hope becomes a dimaond in the rough like colston.

Do you think that all the front office decisions the Patriots and Colts make are solid gold? All I want is for the Saints to make the effort to get good players in here. Sometimes that pans out sometimes it doesn't, but I'm not going to knock them for it after the fact.

imo i would take colston now over moss. But answer this, who would you go after if before the draft that year you could have moss or colston i guarantee that you would pick moss. WHy, because you know what you are getting in moss.

Do you think that all the front office decisions the Patriots and Colts make are solid gold?

Maybe not gold but silver or bronze. We go after Coal. Bust it open and lets see what we get. Thats why i said at the beginning that my jaw dropped when i saw the samuel post because the saints rarely ever do that.

Maybe not gold but silver or bronze. We go after Coal. Bust it open and lets see what we get. Thats why i said at the beginning that my jaw dropped when i saw the samuel post because the saints rarely ever do that.

You do realize the Pats went after and signed Sullivan. I dont think he is good enough to even be considered coal,lol.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom