I will give credit to Winston for one thing (1 Viewer)

We have no #1 receiver. Winston is throwing to a whole bunch of #3's on many rosters. I saw a bunch of drops first half that should've been caught and were drive killers. I think Winston is a step late on some of his throws and that's a factor too. I see progress with Winston and that's good enough for me. This year is a throw away anyhow. Just make progress until next year and let's get a true #1 wr in here that isn't injured all the time and is available.
He just misses some times too. He makes some great throws too. I thought he played a great game tonight.

Winston excels over the middle with TE’s and deep balls. We have no real TE threat and we’re missing Harris.

Im hoping MT is his missing TE of sorts and Harris hurries back bc the best version of Jameis needs them.

Winston will be a good QB with the right pieces around him. Hell, give him last year’s receiving corps and we are 5-1 or 6-0 for sure. This is the worst collection of receivers the Saints have had in 20+ years.
From his perspective, he went from throwing to Mike Evans/Chris Godwin to these bums. I'm sure he's shaking his head at this misfit cast most games.

TQS playing his first game in October, mistakes were going to happen. But Winston still struggling to complete short intermediate passes is STILL a concern
Winston went 14-5 in the 1st half on passes to short area of the field lol. 18-10 overall but at least 3 of those were drops which skews him.

I wouldn’t call that struggling.

The Saints had glimpses of Rhythm that weren’t displayed in previous weeks, specifically the screen game. That Cover 3 Seattle deploys makes intermediate/deep passes a little more difficult than normal.

The Saints really needed production in the short area and screen game this week from Winston/ offense and they got it.

Timing routes were the least of the problems at WR tonight. Drops and the continuing inability to get separation is far worse.

Let's remember that conditions were about as bad as it gets with wind and rain. Neither side really threw the ball very well. That being said, Winston had several deep balls that hit players hands. The receivers simply couldn't make the catch. Again, wet, and windy. Not a good recipe for success when you already have a shaky passing game.

Let's remember that conditions were about as bad as it gets with wind and rain. Neither side really threw the ball very well. That being said, Winston had several deep balls that hit players hands. The receivers simply couldn't make the catch. Again, wet, and windy. Not a good recipe for success when you already have a shaky passing game.
It's kind of wild... Let look at the both west coast games....

Carson Wentz 17/26 150 yards
Jimmy G 16/27 181 yards
Geno 12/22 167 yard
Winston 19/35 222 yards

Bad weather disrupt passing game

The biggest problem I have with Jameis is that he seems to panic too soon and abandons the pocket on a rollout. Which he then either runs out of territory and is either forced to make a bad throw or just runs out of bounds.

That is not what I saw last night. He looked good scanning the field, took off when he had to, and I thought his footwork and poise in the pocket, overall, were excellent.

I think despite the lack of big plays and completed passes, this was his best game to date.

I really liked what I saw from Jameis last night. He's one of the reasons we won.

His WRs on the other hand...they were definitely struggling with the weather conditions, among other things.

Dude the commentators even pointed out his accuracy issues in terms of NFL ranking.

Stop acting like I'm making this stuff up because your so easily triggered about a Winston observation, it's just an observation.

If you are using the worst commentating crew since Jason Witten Booger McFarland & company as the anchor to your argument, you may want to rethink your stance completely.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom