I will repeat, Sean Payton is missing out on the true utilization of Taysom Hill (1 Viewer)

Maybe Taysom is the answer, but he hasn’t shown anything in the passing game to prove that motion.

2/3 passes a game does not give me enough hope to say he’s the next starting QB

I agree with the other posters; taysom is more valuable in space

I do not believe that Hill can be an every-down quarterback. But this season he has not been effectively used.

Instead of just a one read play, I don't understand why Payton doesn't use PA bootlegs with Taysom. Still gives the illusion of a run which holds the LB's and then allows Taysom to roll out and scan the field better and then run if need be. Just seems like both Drew and Taysom are insecure about making certain throws. I get that Taysom doesn't have the experience as Drew so I'd expect him to be more hesitant, but Drew has been doing this for almost 20years now. Sanders is the only new WR (starter that plays a decent amount of snaps), everyone else; MT, Cook, TQS, Harris, AK have all been here at least a season and Drew should have a decent connection. I can't see the entire field during a game because the camera usually just focuses on the QB, but if anyone has that All 22 or what ever its called can you tell if the WR's are getting separation and Drew is just being cautious or are the WR's truly covered?

He's a nightmare matchup out in pattern.

Y'all Payton defenders will vehemently disagree, but it's right there in plain sight.

I think you are on the money. He is extremely effective when lined up outside or in tight and whether it’s a bit of blocking or also running patterns, he’s almost unstoppable. Guys can’t match up against him. I thought maybe we would see him more involved the last two games, and I don’t mean running a read option either.

We probably lost the game on that Taysom fumble.

You stop the opponent on 4th down at midfield in a tie game in the 4th and then give it right back to them right where they left off?

Backbreaker.

That to me was the ball game. Should have scored to make it 34-27 putting all the pressure on Rodgers.
With this terrible defense it was going to come down to who had the ball last, and that was the turnover that gave the Packers the team who was up by one TD instead of us

personally i would love to see more straight hand offs / pitches / and short passes to Taysom, Why not give him that leverage to begin his runs instead of the read option BS payton is in love with ?

I still recall that playoff game last year. The team was flat with no momentum. He put in Hill and MN could not stop him. He carrier that team down to the red zone. what does SP do? continue with the hot hand?? NOPE. he inserts Drew and... turnover.

It was the opposite this time with Brees being hot and then he puts in Taysom on 2nd and short. Both times fall on Payton.

A lot of people on here think he's the next great quarterback.

They are in for a rude awakening if Payton foolishly chooses to go in that direction. We are better off signing Winston long term.
In regard to his QB play only, unfortunately he's looking like Tebow 2.0. His true strengths are everywhere else.

You can't effectively try out Taysom without either disrespecting Drew or throwing him off his rhythm.

A lot of people on here think he's the next great quarterback.
They are in for a rude awakening if Payton foolishly chooses to go in that direction. We are better off signing Winston long term.
I would not bet against Taysom. He has his first fumble and the sky is falling. Winston won't get his shot until Taysom comes up short.

I would not bet against Taysom. He has his first fumble and the sky is falling. Winston won't get his shot until Taysom comes up short.

you said it, the kid has one fumble and he’s trash now. And no, he didn’t lose the game for the saints. The offense and defense was crap shows Sunday night. There’s enough blame to go around.
Taysom fumbled and the packers scored a field goal and went up 30-27. Saints got the ball back and went 3 and out, 5 total yards. 1st- 2 yard pass, 2nd- 2 yard pass, 3rd- minus 4 yard pass that went back to the LOS.

packers had a 3 point lead and the offense couldn’t even muster a 1st down, but yeah, it’s all taysom’s fault and he’s a horrible QB. How fast you can go from hero to zero on this board.

Give him more than one play at a time behind center. He literally runs up and down the field on kick offs, blocks as a tight end, and gets thrown into a QB position for one play and people expect this man to be in any type of rhythm with his receivers ?
I think people need to realize the Saints have a plan for Hill. They're not going to be paying him what they are and use him less than we did last year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom