I wonder how the kickers Payton has been bringing in look? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Lutz has become a liability. It's risky to change kickers at this stage, but maybe it's time? Or just see it through and give him more time to right the ship?

Lutz has become a liability. It's risky to change kickers at this stage, but maybe it's time? Or just see it through and give him more time to right the ship?

Couple of people (including me) brought up his extra points a few weeks ago and how they don't split the uprights like they normally do. This is why it was a concern...it has carried over into the playoffs where a missed kick could be the difference between a Superbowl or not.

Couple of people (including me) brought up his extra points a few weeks ago and how they don't split the uprights like they normally do. This is why it was a concern...it has carried over into the playoffs where a missed kick could be the difference between a Superbowl or not.
I was one that noted his seeming inability to split the uprights on PAT's. Tonight, 2 of the three were spot on, the third, if it were a field goal would likely have missed from more than 40 yards.

Let's just say this, thank goodness that kick tonight wasn't with 3 seconds left for the win.

I think they need to stick with him. Maybe just go for it on 4th down more. A new kicker thrown into the mix at this point could end up being way worse than Lutz.
Yeah, I tend to agree. If Payton pulls the trigger, it would probably be because he has had problems in practice too.

It's weird that this all started after he grabbed his hammy that 1 game. Hasn't been the same since.
He's not hurt though. He's booming kickoffs still. If it was a hammy issue he wouldn't be coming close to touchbacks.

Also, his miss kick tonight had plenty of distance. Just stayed straight.

Kicked a 40-something yarder in Carolina and that was right down the middle. It's mental. Not everybody is Justin Tucker.

He's not hurt though. He's booming kickoffs still. If it was a hammy issue he wouldn't be coming close to touchbacks.

Kicked a 40-something yarder in Carolina and that was right down the middle. It's mental. Not everybody is Justin Tucker.
Justin Tucker and Lutz missed the same amount of field goals yesterday.

Yes, and Tucker missed a 50 yarder v. TN yesterday.

possibly just mental.

Donā€™t know if there ever was an injury and even if better could have thrown off mechanics.

The distance does seem there.

My opinion is that he struggles more from the right hash mark. He seems worried that he is going to hook it too much, so he hits it completely straight sometimes. Definitely lost some of his confidence. On the left side, he can hit a slight draw which brings the kick back towards the center!

Maybe he's not going through his normal motions afraid of pulling the hammy?

Morestead is the one I think we will move on from after this year. I think Lutz is fine.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom