N/S I wonder if Green Bay fans (2 Viewers)

....When I talk to Saints fan about that game and about how the refs screwed them, I always bring up how The Saints still had opportunities to win the game. They had no business letting The Rams come back the way they did, and they still had OT. I always said the moment you let things play in the refs hands you lose. And now here I am now forced to eat my own words. It's a cruel irony

Yeah you were real preachy and self-righteous while GB was on their bye.

In addition to a paragraphs long post about how we lost the '18 NFCCG because of our own shortcomings, you had these words of wisdom.

How about you focus on beating Chicago first? Didn't you guys make the SAME mistake last year? Never underestimate your opponents.

A few weeks later and you forgot your own teachings. You were planning your victory lap around Saints Report before the game was played.

It’s not that Tampa won or Green Bay lost... I don’t care either way; to heck with those teams.

It’s the fact that the refs threw that flag! Had they not thrown that flag, then at least I could say that the refs won’t throw flags that late in a CCG and let that be the deciding factor, etc...

Them throwing the flag there proves that the got completely shafted.
Good God yes. Don’t tell me the league is not biased for tommy. Preach brother

It’s not that Tampa won or Green Bay lost... I don’t care either way; to heck with those teams.

It’s the fact that the refs threw that flag! Had they not thrown that flag, then at least I could say that the refs won’t throw flags that late in a CCG and let that be the deciding factor, etc...

Them throwing the flag there proves that the got completely shafted.
Even more so, that it was Vinkovich!

Yeah but at the same time. If they're going to call that then why didn't they call it here?

1611590965355.png
Had they called this play we would be marching down the field and potentially scored before the half. At worse it would've been 10-14. If they're going to call that play at the end then do it for this one.
Murphy was doing that to us last week and they let it go. I guess the one at the end was too bad. Maybe yall should've grabbed Miller on that TD before the half. Trust me yall lost that game in many ways other than that call.

Screenshot_20210125-052958_Chrome.jpg
We wouldve all been mad had that been our team and it not called. They had been grabbing all game but that there is too much.

I said this before in another thread and I’ll repeat it here. I don't think anyone with sense believes that this isn’t a foul. It obviously is. The problem is the BLATANT inconsistency.

Devonte Adams had just been held nearly the exact same way at the goal line a series before, and there was no call. Bucs’s defenders held the entire game and no calls. Both Aikman and Buck kept saying that there was a lot of grabbing but the refs were letting them play.

So, if you let the teams (mostly Tampa Bay) play like this for 50 minutes, how do you make that call in the 57th minute, but not in the 53rd minute when it happened on the opposing team’s possible TD drive?

The inconsistency is maddening, and it very well was PARTIALLY responsible for the Packers’s loss.

Idk why Vinovich gets the blame for the non PI call. It WASNT HIS CALL!

Because people want a scapegoat so they can continue their conspiracy theory that the Saints were “robbed” by the refs which lead to the team losing said game

I would have scored on that play and I’m very slow. Rodgers just made the wrong decision not trying. I don’t even think he gets touched before crossing the goal line.
it was just a horrible decision not to try considering what was at stake.

On 3rd down, Rodgers had green grass in front of him. Not saying he’d score but it would’ve made
4th down doable. That blew the game.

There was no flag thrown so he did his job by starting the next play. It’s been discussed for what 3 years now, the blown call wasn’t the only reason the Saints lost that game
Never once owned up to it or took responsibility or anything remotely resembling ownership.

and why should he? Both the NFL and the Refs union has his back. If anything he’s since been rewarded for mediocre performance.

Never once owned up to it or took responsibility or anything remotely resembling ownership.

and why should he? Both the NFL and the Refs union has his back. If anything he’s since been rewarded for mediocre performance.
The head ref isnt going to run down the field and tell someone to throw a flag. I hate it we lost as bad as anyone. But it is what it is. Everyone that doesnt understand the officiating why dont you sign up to officiate your area high school teams and learn the basics. Instead of complaining who didnt do what you will learn who is supposed to do what. Jeez.

15 years in the NFC for Brees. 16 years in the NFC for Rodgers. They each have as many NFC championships as Brady, who has been in the conference for 1 year. That is crazy to think that Brees and Rodgers have EACH only played in 1 Super Bowl.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom