N/S I wonder if Green Bay fans (1 Viewer)

Here's why I lost all respect for Vinovich. You're correct there were 2 refs closer (Cavaletto was the one most aggressively insisting there was no penalty). But after the game, Vinovich lied and said he didn't see the play even though there's plenty of photos of him looking straight at the play as it happens. He's not the closest, but he saw it and then lied about it like a little coward.

I'm not saying if he'd been honest everything would be okay, but he was the crew chief and if he'd owned the mistake made....it's still a brutal, heartbreaking one, but I'd respect him more for it...the thing that grinds my gears about him is his cowardice and lying.

Idk why Vinovich gets the blame for the non PI call. It WASNT HIS CALL!

Here's why I lost all respect for Vinovich. You're correct there were 2 refs closer (Cavaletto was the one most aggressively insisting there was no penalty). But after the game, Vinovich lied and said he didn't see the play even though there's plenty of photos of him looking straight at the play as it happens. He's not the closest, but he saw it and then lied about it like a little coward.

I'm not saying if he'd been honest everything would be okay, but he was the crew chief and if he'd owned the mistake made....it's still a brutal, heartbreaking one, but I'd respect him more for it...the thing that grinds my gears about him is his cowardice and lying.
So throw his crew under the bus. I gotcha. The NFL had done come out and said it was missed. What else was there to say. I used to call high school football. I know, whole different level. I saw things that wasnt my call look like it was something. But you dont throw your crew under the bus. My opinion.

15 years in the NFC for Brees. 16 years in the NFC for Rodgers. They each have as many NFC championships as Brady, who has been in the conference for 1 year. That is crazy to think that Brees and Rodgers have EACH only played in 1 Super Bowl.

it just goes to show how hard it is to get there - for that alone Brady is a magician, i mean what else can you say.

i will say that this year is an odd ball, no true home field advantage, without the full amount fans its a difficult thing to really measure imo. TB won in the dome and in GB, but did they really? I think this year was the biggest advantage for the away team. Would TB have won with all the fans? I dunno, but it is what it is, and Brady going to another superbowl at his very first new team is pretty dang amazing / annoying. Lol.

Rodgers should have ran on third down when there was wide open green grass in front of him. Looked like he could have possibly gotten into the endzone, or at least at the 1 or 2 yard line. I think they should have gone for it on 4th either way, simply because even with a field goal, it's a tough task to keep TB from running off too much clock. Plus, if you don't make it on 4th, you have them near their own 10 yard line.

I understand the thinking. Kick a field goal and hold them to at least a field goal, and you still have a chance to score and go for two to tie it. Problem is, by the time they make it down and kick a FG, there may not have been but less than a minute left, if that. Hindsight is tough. I'm sure Packers fans are still pretty sick over it.

I wonder if Green Bay fans realize they could’ve drafted Chase Claypool instead of Jordan Love.

On 3rd down, Rodgers had green grass in front of him. Not saying he’d score but it would’ve made
4th down doable. That blew the game.
Rodgers saw JPP tracking across the line. He threw that ball for the same reason Favre threw in the 09’ NFCG. Remember Me Shots.

Rodgers remembered and made a business decision.

That’s why all those hits work in a cumulative way at the end of a game.

Rodgers chose a high-risk pass over taking a shot across the grain from JPP.

Rodgers would have either scored or gotten inside the 2-3 yds line - but make no mistake, JPP would have delivered some pain to him.

So Rodgers passed - both literally and figuratively.

I live in Wisconsin and yes, they are also in a funk. I would not mind seeing the Packers go because my friends and coworkers would be happy for the next couple weeks. But I sure hope that Tampa gets embarrassed at home in the Superbowl.

I feel for them sort of. But they have won and made it to multiple super bowls, and they still have Rodgers for a few more years

Us and Packers fans should be best friends.

We won a ring in 2009, they won a ring in 2010
We both feel we should have more rings with our HOF QB (for now atleast-Rodgers still has a few years left)
We lost in 4 excruciating playoff games...they lost in 4 excruciating NFCCG
Tom Brady came in and once again added to his luster over both our QBs who will now be tier-ed together as "a notch below Brady/Montana/Manning" by the media

Packers fan here. I'll be more than happy to share my thoughts. Going into this game I was so confident we would beat them, matter of fact I envisioned us blowing them out and then coming on here telling you guys we avenged you. But now.

I'm gonna describe my feeling right now the best way I can. This was a very tough loss, and seeing it happen again and again, it's deflating. And that's how I feel right now. Deflated. Last year we got our arses whooped, but this year? This year was our best chance.
We had everything. HFA. We were the best team. But it's the way we lost. We were clawing our way back into the game. We had opportunities, but we didn't capitalize. And then an opportunity stolen from us at the end.

It feels like you're so close to the finish line, only to have the rug pulled under you, and then as soon as you get back up, you get stabbed in the chest from out of nowhere. And now you're just on the ground bleeding out, wondering what just happened, and where did it all go wrong. And everything is becoming numb, and then the chill comes in, as the realization that it's all over sinks in.

This one stings. It stings a lot.

You are in the right place. We have had our share of miracles with 10 seconds left on the clock that ended up losing the game for us.

Us and Packers fans should be best friends.

We won a ring in 2009, they won a ring in 2010
We both feel we should have more rings with our HOF QB (for now atleast-Rodgers still has a few years left)
We lost in 4 excruciating playoff games...they lost in 4 excruciating NFCCG
Tom Brady came in and once again added to his luster over both our QBs who will now be tier-ed together as "a notch below Brady/Montana/Manning" by the media
i guess they wanted to feel the love.

We also both think Vikings fans are pathetic....
I’ve worked in Southwest Wisconsin for a while, and Packer fans are a good time, if nothing else.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom