I wonder why? (1 Viewer)

saintlad

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I wonder why when the NFL can bring in basketball players and turn them into probowl Tight ends

they don't turn seldom used or underperforming wide recievers into cornerbacks

you would think it might help. Most have the size to line up opposite the Pro bowl recievers.

I have seen most cornerbacks hover around the 5'11 or 6' foot range, while most recievers hover around 6'3. ( I know Steve Smith and Harrison are under 6 foot)

They would know the different routes that recievers run and they have the ability to make more interceptions because they are used to catching the balls.

Is it because most recievers can't back peddle fast enough?

I know the Pats tried Troy Brown a few times, but why haven't I seen more teams try it?

Anybody have a guess?

go coach a pro level wide-reciever and ask him to play corner and see what his reaction is!!!!

i dare you to even ask a college level wideout to play corner!!!! KAOS!!!

it can happen, but it's rare!!!

I wonder why when the NFL can bring in basketball players and turn them into probowl Tight ends

they don't turn seldom used or underperforming wide recievers into cornerbacks

you would think it might help. Most have the size to line up opposite the Pro bowl recievers.

I have seen most cornerbacks hover around the 5'11 or 6' foot range, while most recievers hover around 6'3. ( I know Steve Smith and Harrison are under 6 foot)

They would know the different routes that recievers run and they have the ability to make more interceptions because they are used to catching the balls.

Is it because most recievers can't back peddle fast enough?

I know the Pats tried Troy Brown a few times, but why haven't I seen more teams try it?

Anybody have a guess?

For the most part, small and power forwards in basketball require the same physical skills as tight ends in football. Receivers and corners have very different techniques.

go coach a pro level wide-reciever and ask him to play corner and see what his reaction is!!!!

i dare you to even ask a college level wideout to play corner!!!! KAOS!!!

it can happen, but it's rare!!!

Well if a pro-level wr has a chance to play on defense and give him some playing time. Why not? Better than be in danger of being cut, plus you can be a utility player

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom