I would be happy to take any of the all Freaks team this draft (1 Viewer)

I really like Marco Wilson as a safety and nickel.

His pro day was insane.

I've also never heard of this guy before.

"Tight End: Sammis Reyes, International (10/10)
Second Team: Kyle Pitts, Florida (9.64/10)

Third Team: Brock Wright, Notre Dame (9.2/10)

Highest Graded Trait/Drill: Bench Press (31 reps, 9.92/10)

Sammis Reyes never played a down of football in college. He played basketball at Tulane for two years after coming to America from Chile. After not making the NBA, he along with 10 others joined the NFL’s International Pathway Program to try and make a pro career on the gridiron. He’ll try to pull an Antonio Gates in becoming a successful NFL tight end while only playing basketball in college.

If his athletic numbers are any indication, he’s got a good shot. At Florida’s Pro Day, he scored a perfect 10/10 on the Relative Athletic Score. His worst trait/drill was his weight at 260 pounds, which still graded out at 8.4/10 which is great.

Reyes had 31 reps on the bench press, which would be tied for sixth in Combine history among tight ends. He also posted an unreal 40″ vertical, which would again be tied for sixth best. His broad jump was 10’5″, another outstanding measurement. To round it out, Reyes showed great speed with a 4.65-second forty."

From what I read, Marco is still getting hate mail for the shoe incident vs LSU. I don't know what effect that's had on his psyche (if any), but I know he was crying after the game, and has been getting death threats ever since. Even his girlfriend has been threatened.

He has all the skills we need at CB, but I worry about his emotional stability. And the ACL. Got to have a short memory to be a CB in the league.

"Horn backed up his play in 2020 with a stellar Pro Day. He measured in at 6’1″, 205 pounds, and posted 19 reps on the bench press. The son of former Falcons WR Joe Horn"
Whoever wrote this article is clearly an idiot
Thats almost the equivalent of doing an article on Mick Jagger's career and ignoring his success with the Rolling Stones

Sammis Reyes signed with Washington already.

They probably swayed him over with how they successfully converted Logan Thomas to TE.

Sammis Reyes signed with Washington already.

They probably swayed him over with how they successfully converted Logan Thomas to TE.

Reyes was part of the NFL international development program, like Kasim Edebali.

From what I read, Marco is still getting hate mail for the shoe incident vs LSU. I don't know what effect that's had on his psyche (if any), but I know he was crying after the game, and has been getting death threats ever since. Even his girlfriend has been threatened.

He has all the skills we need at CB, but I worry about his emotional stability. And the ACL. Got to have a short memory to be a CB in the league.

I can speak as a Gator fan, watching every one of Marco’s snaps at UF.

Yes his pro day was great, but that just adds to the frustration. He consistently had receptions on him......and he rarely made splash plays. Secondary confusion was consistent among the entire group, and he was considered the “leader”.

Conversely, CGJ always made big hits, was always affecting the game.....and you just knew he had it. And that has played out the same in the NFL.

Another Gator/Saint that blew away the physical skill marks, but rarely ever affected the game, was Ronald Powell. And he fizzled quickly in the NFL.

Interesting that Pete Werner listed as a "Second Team Freak" at LB.

I swear I heard somewhere he was too slow. :grin:

I am intrigued by that TE Sammis Reyes, we all saw what Payton was able to do with Jimmy G but this kid has no College Football experience and it doesn't say anything about High School which really scares me. Would love to see him come in as a UDFA, don't know if I'd be happy using a draft pick on him. The rest of the list is full of really good kids, would love to see that Michigan RB in the mid rounds maybe.

I really like Marco Wilson as a safety and nickel.

His pro day was insane.

I've also never heard of this guy before.

"Tight End: Sammis Reyes, International (10/10)
Second Team: Kyle Pitts, Florida (9.64/10)

Third Team: Brock Wright, Notre Dame (9.2/10)

Highest Graded Trait/Drill: Bench Press (31 reps, 9.92/10)

Sammis Reyes never played a down of football in college. He played basketball at Tulane for two years after coming to America from Chile. After not making the NBA, he along with 10 others joined the NFL’s International Pathway Program to try and make a pro career on the gridiron. He’ll try to pull an Antonio Gates in becoming a successful NFL tight end while only playing basketball in college.

If his athletic numbers are any indication, he’s got a good shot. At Florida’s Pro Day, he scored a perfect 10/10 on the Relative Athletic Score. His worst trait/drill was his weight at 260 pounds, which still graded out at 8.4/10 which is great.

Reyes had 31 reps on the bench press, which would be tied for sixth in Combine history among tight ends. He also posted an unreal 40″ vertical, which would again be tied for sixth best. His broad jump was 10’5″, another outstanding measurement. To round it out, Reyes showed great speed with a 4.65-second forty."

You don't like Wilson on the outside?
Love how he plays the ball and his tackling A+.
Not sure what they've been doing down in Florida, but their secondary play has gone through the roof the last few years.

I can speak as a Gator fan, watching every one of Marco’s snaps at UF.

Yes his pro day was great, but that just adds to the frustration. He consistently had receptions on him......and he rarely made splash plays. Secondary confusion was consistent among the entire group, and he was considered the “leader”.

Conversely, CGJ always made big hits, was always affecting the game.....and you just knew he had it. And that has played out the same in the NFL.

Another Gator/Saint that blew away the physical skill marks, but rarely ever affected the game, was Ronald Powell. And he fizzled quickly in the NFL.

Well...This goes against everything I just posted lol.
I thought they actually did ok in the secondary...

Completely forgot Wilson is the one that threw the shoe....:ROFLMAO:

I remember Ronald Powell. And Danny Wuerffel. Thank goodness our more recent UF picks have been "just a bit" better.

I don't think Marco is on the Saints radar. Sure he had a great pro day, a really really good pro day, but I'm with you. He may well be a head case. That paired with the ACL might be too much. There's other good CB's in this draft.

Some players at CB I keep coming back to are Greg Newsome, Paulson Adebo, Jason Pinnock, and the two Georgia CB's. I'm sure there are other prospects out there I haven't found yet. Benjamin St. Juste looks like a good developmental prospect. It's good to see Saints will have options, even when Surtain and Jaycee Horn are already gone from the board.

--edit-- oh, and I forgot Elijah Molden. I really like him in the slot.

Last edited:
Some names in OP's link that intrigue me are....
  • OT - Spencer Brown
  • OT - Samuel Cosmi
  • WR/TE - Jacob Harris
  • WR - Terrace Marshall
  • EDGE - Jayson Oweh
  • NT - Jonathan Marshall
  • NT - Milton Williams
  • LB - Jamin Davis
--------------------------------------
I'll add a few. I'll not list players I feel we have no chance of getting at all. All caught my attention for whatever reason. In no particular order.
  • WR - Rondale Moore
  • WR - Rashod Bateman
  • WR - Jonathan Adams
  • WR - Simi Fehoko
  • WR - Nico Collins
  • WR - Josh Imatorbhebhe
  • --------------------------------
  • CB - Greg Newsome
  • CB - Paulson Adebo
  • CB - Elijah Molden
  • CB - Jason Pinnock
  • CB - Eric Stokes
  • CB - Tyson Campbell
  • CB - Aaron Robinson
  • CB - Benjamin St. Juste
  • NT - Bobby Brown III
  • NT - Alim McNeill
  • TE - Kyle Pitts
  • TE - Tommy Tremble
  • TE - Zach Davidson
  • ---------------------------------
  • DE - Gregory Rousseau
  • DE - Janarius Robinson
  • ----------------------------------
  • OT - Dillon Radunz
  • OT - Walker Little
  • ----------------------------------
  • LB - Zaven Collins
  • LB - Jabril Cox
  • LB - Dylan Moses
  • LB - Chazz Surratt
  • LB - Buddy Johnson
  • -----------------------------------
  • SS - Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah
  • SS - Divine Deablo

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom