I would go all in on offense this offseason (1 Viewer)

I agree with you. Previously I would have said Payton spent too much on offense but at this point our main problem this year on D was health and we will have to pray it goes better this year.

the one exception I would say is if there is a true ball hawk we could pick up somehow. If you are running out front more with good offense you force teams to air it out more and a key Interception here or there is a death nail for a team already down. We haven’t had that in a few years IMO.
Similarly, if we don’t have confidence that MD is coming back from that surgery fully we may have to invest in some safety net. No pass rush = few interceptions

I get it but we have things that will need to be fixed on D.

Is Alonso out and can we trust Anzalone?
Will Onyemata sign and will Rankins be healthy?
Will Bell sign?
Are we losing 3 corners; PJ, P-Rob and Apple?

Some of them will work themselves out but it's unlikely we can ignore the defense.

Disagree. I think we need to invest in defense, the run game, and the O-line if we're keeping keeping Brees. Brees is good, and he has stretches where he plays great, but I don't trust him to be great consistently due to his lack of accuracy on the deep ball and his potential to wear down at his age playing a full season. I also think the Saints should look to draft a replacement if they find someone they like, perhaps take a flier on a QB available with a late draft pick

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom