I would not be shocked if..saints trade for a receiver (Mod edit) (1 Viewer)

I think Callaway would be a solid #2 but he is just not a #1 right now. You get Cooks/Robinson to be WR1, Callaway to be #2, Deonte to be the field stretcher…you have a nice group. If CGM ever decides to play football again, even better!
Calloway not even a viable #2. He's a rotational, role player.

Thomas won’t solve our issues alone. We have no TE and Winston isn’t Drew in his prime. He can’t and won’t beat good teams consistently without some weapons around him. We need MT and another WR or TE that isn’t currently on the roster
The Saints defense is really good. This won’t be a great offense. But if they can somehow get into the playoffs anything can happen.

The Saints defense is really good. This won’t be a great offense. But if they can somehow get into the playoffs anything can happen.
I don’t disagree with your assessment. Just saying getting MT back doesn’t immediately solve our inept offense. We are a couple players away, of course getting Harris and MT back would help a ton. We also need to get healthy at RB

He’s wasn’t even been practicing. The chances of him playing are remote and if he does you really have to question if he’s in shape and can contribute right now.
It almost feels like he isn’t going to play until after Nov. 2nd, which if after Nov. 2nd he comes back magically healthy and suddenly plays will be the clearest signal that come opening day September of 22 he will be somewhere else.

Also I think it’s fair to ask if he truly is hurt this bad is there any way we would be getting close to the same player back?

If I am betting I would bet that we are trying to trade him but we have no interest in giving him away because of the cap hit and we aren’t getting great offers hence he is “hurt”.

We really need him to play because we need help there and trading for someone right now isn’t going to fix much.

It almost feels like he isn’t going to play until after Nov. 2nd, which if after Nov. 2nd he comes back magically healthy and suddenly plays will be the clearest signal that come opening day September of 22 he will be somewhere else.

Also I think it’s fair to ask if he truly is hurt this bad is there any way we would be getting close to the same player back?

If I am betting I would bet that we are trying to trade him but we have no interest in giving him away because of the cap hit and we aren’t getting great offers hence he is “hurt”.

We really need him to play because we need help there and trading for someone right now isn’t going to fix much.

Word on the street is that he hasnt even started to cut on that ankle yet. He is still a month out from playing is my guess.

The injury and recovery is real. If he were healthy, he would be on the field. End of story.

He’s wasn’t even been practicing. The chances of him playing are remote and if he does you really have to question if he’s in shape and can contribute right now.
M.T in a body casst would be better than what any reciever that played last night

That’s not true at all (unless you’re talking about playing *this* week).

He will be back. And it’s not like it will take him long to get into game shape. He’s an elite athlete who will immediately improve our WR
Corps a ton by himself, even at 80% or so.

That’s not true at all (unless you’re talking about playing *this* week).

He will be back. And it’s not like it will take him long to get into game shape. He’s an elite athlete who will immediately improve our WR
Corps a ton by himself, even at 80% or so.
He's still rehabilitating. He's not participating in team practice. This isn't just a matter of getting caught up to speed and conditioned. An 80% CGM after missing about a year and a half of football is a joke after a high ankle sprain...something that typically with surgery has about a 2-3 month turn around. Over a year. It's inexcusable.

There are plenty of teams shopping talent. Chicago is an obvious target. Miami as well.

Re: TE, Trautman might be having the worst season I've seen a Saints TE have in my lifetime: drops, a backbreaking holding penalty vs NYG negating a deep ball TD, a costly fumble. It's like he has all of Jared Cook's bad qualities but none of his good ones. Juwan Johnson has shown flashes but he disappears for long stretches of games.

Our receiver issues were compounded by both Deonte and Taysom being out. Neither are #1s as receivers but they have to be accounted for on the field and they are at least capable of making plays.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom