I would pick up Aqib Talib and Dez Bryant in the coming weeks if I was the Saints (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Talib will be eligible to come back from IR for the dolphins at week 15 and I would try to talk to him and see if he can get released to get him to play for a contender. I believe that he can be a help for us with veteran leadership and coverage against big tight ends that we may face come playoff time. I also wouldn't mind bringing in dez Bryant to see what he can offer to us. A vet minimum / non guaranteed contract would be ok. Both guys would like to play this year.

Talib will be eligible to come back from IR for the dolphins at week 15 and I would try to talk to him and see if he can get released to get him to play for a contender. I believe that he can be a help for us with veteran leadership and coverage against big tight ends that we may face come playoff time. I also wouldn't mind bringing in dez Bryant to see what he can offer to us. A vet minimum / non guaranteed contract would be ok. Both guys would like to play this year.

That's called tampering. Not a good idea

Isn't that called tampering? You can't talk to a guy on another team and tell him to hold out, or to try and get released. Now, the Dez Bryant move would be a wise move. We really need another receiver to step up, and if Dez can come back from his injury, that would help us out tremendously. He's a big receiver, and maybe that would alleviate the problem we are having getting into the endzone when we are down in the red zone. Nine points yesterday, and they all came while we are inside their 20 yard line.

Are you serious? Talib was just traded. Part of it was because he wasn’t producing. The secondary played well until Lattimore went down. As bad as the defense played, they only gave up 320 total yards and the score was 12-9 entering the 4th Quarter.

We had 4 receivers catch a total of 1 pass yesterday. This is getting ridiculous. Dez should be signed as soon as he’s ready

We had 4 receivers catch a total of 1 pass yesterday. This is getting ridiculous. Dez should be signed as soon as he’s ready
We had 7 players catch passes yesterday and Ted Ginn was targeted 3 times but didn’t catch any. Did we even have 4 receivers active yesterday? Taysom Hill and Kamara both line up as WRs in some formations.
How much would Dez contribute if brought in now? He hasn’t played in 2 years and doesn’t know the plays.

You are only mentioning guys with names who haven’t been good in 5 years!! Why not bring in Navarro Bowman, Jay Cutler, and Charles Woodson why were at it. BTW, what I never hear from you star fudgers are who we would release to bring in these 2013 studs. Are we gonna cut a player who can help us be good now or in 2020?? Sacrifice our awesome special teams? Cut our FB? Or just not have depth in general?

I don’t get the hang up fans have with Dez. 100s of scouts and evaluators know more than us morons. Why waste the time and effort if it isn’t going to pan out.

We had 7 players catch passes yesterday and Ted Ginn was targeted 3 times but didn’t catch any. Did we even have 4 receivers active yesterday? Taysom Hill and Kamara both line up as WRs in some formations.
How much would Dez contribute if brought in now? He hasn’t played in 2 years and doesn’t know the plays.
You are missing the point. At some point, you have to have other viable options at the WR position. It’s not math or science, it’s common sense. And yes we had 5 WRs active yesterday that all played 10% snaps or more

You are missing the point. At some point, you have to have other viable options at the WR position. It’s not math or science, it’s common sense. And yes we had 5 WRs active yesterday that all played 10% snaps or more
I understand the point. There are multiple threads about the “need” for another WR. Some fans are still outraged that we didn’t trade for one.
The bottom line is the coaching staff doesn’t seem to agree. If they did , they would have brought someone in. The bottom line is we are past the midpoint of the season. How much will a “new #2” be able to contribute?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom