I would pick up Aqib Talib and Dez Bryant in the coming weeks if I was the Saints (1 Viewer)

I understand the point. There are multiple threads about the “need” for another WR. Some fans are still outraged that we didn’t trade for one.
The bottom line is the coaching staff doesn’t seem to agree. If they did , they would have brought someone in. The bottom line is we are past the midpoint of the season. How much will a “new #2” be able to contribute?
No, they looked into trading for receivers but the cost was too high. So, they have concerns, just like we do.

• 1Like
Reactions: MV2
Dez Bryant may be washed up, but there’s no way he’s worse than every other WR on the roster outside of MT. Drew can’t push the ball down the field right now, so it wouldn’t hurt to have two big possession receivers to work with.

I don’t get the hang up fans have with Dez. 100s of scouts and evaluators know more than us morons. Why waste the time and effort if it isn’t going to pan out.

Then again, 100s of scouts trade picks to move 1 spot to pick up Trubisky #2, pick up Ryan Leaf #2, pick up Ki-Jana Carter #1, let Tom Brady slip to the 6th round, let Marques Colston slip to the 7th round, ... I can go on and on and on...

You are only mentioning guys with names who haven’t been good in 5 years!! Why not bring in Navarro Bowman, Jay Cutler, and Charles Woodson why were at it. BTW, what I never hear from you star fudgers are who we would release to bring in these 2013 studs. Are we gonna cut a player who can help us be good now or in 2020?? Sacrifice our awesome special teams? Cut our FB? Or just not have depth in general?
I guarantee you, if the Saints release Carr, Arnold, or TQS and the release isn't announced at all, you wouldn't even notice.

I guarantee you, if the Saints release Carr, Arnold, or TQS and the release isn't announced at all, you wouldn't even notice.
So we would release 3 young cheap and at times effective players for the corpse of Dez Bryant and others?? So in a box maybe that sounds smart to you. But unless an apocalypse occurs we might wanna be prepared for a 2020 season. I’m not sure needing 4 wide receivers in the offseason is a great way to build a roster, unless we add Ocho cinco, TJ Houshawhateva, and Roddy White to the mix. SMH

So we would release 3 young cheap and at times effective players for the corpse of Dez Bryant and others?? So in a box maybe that sounds smart to you.
Speaking of smart, I said release one of them, not all 3 for Dez.

In 9 games, the combined numbers in those 9 games for Carr, Arnold, and TQS are: 15 targets, 9 catches, 122 yds . For comparison, Taysom's receiving numbers are 12 targets, 9 catches, 100 yards. So, yeah, no one's going to miss anyone of them. Well, you, I guess.

But unless an apocalypse occurs we might wanna be prepared for a 2020 season.
If the Saints are going to prepare for the 2020 season with these 3, then I guess they'll go unprepared into the 2020 season.

I’m not sure needing 4 wide receivers in the offseason is a great way to build a roster, unless we add Ocho cinco, TJ Houshawhateva, and Roddy White to the mix. SMH
The Saints need the WRs now, but putting that aside, It's not like you can't find similar production from players off the street. And it is not like teams are going to rush to sign any of them if released. They will be available next year if released.

Talib will be eligible to come back from IR for the dolphins at week 15 and I would try to talk to him and see if he can get released to get him to play for a contender. I believe that he can be a help for us with veteran leadership and coverage against big tight ends that we may face come playoff time. I also wouldn't mind bringing in dez Bryant to see what he can offer to us. A vet minimum / non guaranteed contract would be ok. Both guys would like to play this year.

Let me be the first to say that this is the dumbest idea I've seen suggested here.

I am so happy that guys like you don't call the shots for the Saints in player and personell matters!!

You do realize that talking to a player who is under contract to another team is tampering don't you?
Is that really worth a million$ fine and the loss of draft picks?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom