I wouldn’t be surprised if the Saints get JJ Watt and Earl Thomas by the Trade deadline (1 Viewer)

Should be adequate enough to replace what Vonn Bell brought to the team.
Indeed but I don't know how much SS he's ever played. I remember Thomas as strictly a centerfield FS.
At some point, don't we have to question why that's the case?

And no, I don't really care that he flipped off Pete Carroll or whatever........I might flip a few people off too if I had extreme leg pain....... but the Ravens, who (a)have never seemed to have a problem with "spirited" personalities on the roster and (b) are viewed by most as being a Super Bowl contender seemingly had no issues parting ways with someone viewed as one of the best at his position. They're going to completely be done with him over punching a teammate? I certainly don't mean to trivialize that, but I'm also not going to pretend that it's the first time in recorded history that someone has punched a teammate. As with most things, I'm sure there's far more to the story.
Agreed, something had to be boiling over there for them to cut him loose and NOBODY has called him since.

That being said, I think we need a DE more than anything. We need a pass rush and w/ Cam not playing so well right now and Davenport's health we need someone else there.

Unlike the Bucs, the Saints won’t try to build a roster following the “Madden Franchise Mode for Early Teens” handbook. It’s why we’ve mostly stayed competitive to very good for the past 15 years

Here in Houston the media and fans believe that the fire sale is about to start, and the only players off limit are Watson and Tunsil. Who knows, perhaps you shoot for Fuller and get him for cheap.

I’d take him or Stills back problem is there deep threats Is Payton going to even utilize them ?

I’d much rather peak at what they have on D

I’d take him or Stills back problem is there deep threats Is Payton going to even utilize them ?

I’d much rather peak at what they have on D
Yeah, I would love Stills back too, he's matured alot for sure but again I think we need defense unless we find MT gone longer than expected.

Unlike the Bucs, the Saints won’t try to build a roster following the “Madden Franchise Mode for Early Teens” handbook. It’s why we’ve mostly stayed competitive to very good for the past 15 years

Suh, Jamie Collins, Patrick Peterson, AJ green, Chris Harris, And AB for a visit...the issue is, Saints tried, but failed

Suh, Jamie Collins, Patrick Peterson, AJ green, Chris Harris, And AB for a visit...the issue is, Saints tried, but failed
We actually landed a "big" name in Dez and it lasted all of three days.

You also forgot Clowney.

Payton shouldn't get critiqued for a lack of trying, we just never seem to have luck with big name gets and when we do, it ends up a dud for us.

Ideal for me based on age, roster fit and talent would be guys like Myles Jack, Kendall Fuller, & Marcus Maye. You would think Houston & Atlanta are going to be active having severed old regime ties already. It’s a shame Atlanta won’t really be in play. Would love a deal for Deion Jones to pair with Demario Davis.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom