I10 Atchafalaya basin...speed cameras going up. (1 Viewer)

efil4stnias

Play at your own risk
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Hasn’t the LA Supreme Court been critical of tickets by camera?

Interesting.

So not radar...time stamp of when you get on and then off. If you make the bridge in under 18 min, you will receive ticket in the mail...for 2x the fine (so $350).

Well it will be exciting to see all the people that come to a dead stop at the end of the bridge.

Well it will be exciting to see all the people that come to a dead stop at the end of the bridge.
Buy last 1/4 mile, build "rest area $5 for 5 min".

Profit.

And they said this was to cut down on accidents. Lol

Hasn’t the LA Supreme Court been critical of tickets by camera?
I did know they were banned in MS. The following is from the first page of a google search.

Maine, Mississippi, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Texas and West Virginia prohibit both red-light and speed cameras. Montana and South Dakota prohibit red-light cameras, and New Jersey and Wisconsin do not allow speed cameras.

I remember this from years back. Studies have shown these cameras cause more collisions than they prevent.

I never take that way anymore coming from N TX. I go 190 from I-49 to Lobdell.

Ive never driven to NOLA from N Texas, but have made the drive from Houston a million times in the years i lived there, and yeah i got to the point where id just hop off I10 at Lafayette onto 190, then take it (or Hwy 1 or whatever it’s called at various points) all the way thru New Iberia, then Morgan City i believe and then wind up coming out over the 310 Luling /Boutte Hale Boggs bridge back onto I10 in Kenna (or you could go all the way to the Huey P or even the Wank) …. Its a longer route as the crow flies, and GPS will show it’s about 30 min longer than staying on the interstate- but missing out on the insanity that is I10 prior to and in Baton Rouge- and now the Atchafalaya Basin mess- is invaluable .

Ive never driven to NOLA from N Texas, but have made the drive from Houston a million times in the years i lived there, and yeah i got to the point where id just hop off I10 at Lafayette onto 190, then take it (or Hwy 1 or whatever it’s called at various points) all the way thru New Iberia, then Morgan City i believe and then wind up coming out over the 310 Luling /Boutte Hale Boggs bridge back onto I10 in Kenna (or you could go all the way to the Huey P or even the Wank) …. Its a longer route as the crow flies, and GPS will show it’s about 30 min longer than staying on the interstate- but missing out on the insanity that is I10 prior to and in Baton Rouge- and now the Atchafalaya Basin mess- is invaluable .
We've made the drive from NTX to Lafitte many, many times over the years. We stopped taking I-10 over 20 years ago. We take I-49 into Lafayette where it turns into 90, then take that all the way until exiting onto Lapalco Blvd. I don't know if it's longer, but it's not slower, nor faster. About the same amount of time. We knew that if we left Lafitte at 8am, we'd be at Prejean's at just about 11am for lunch.

We always stopped at Prejean's on our way back to NTX. But ever since Prejean's changed chef's, we don't stop there as much anymore. My favorite dish is no longer on the menu, and it seems the quality went down.

Ha! I couldn't remember where I enter Hwy 190 and it's in Opelousas. Depending on time of day, I sometimes just go across the river while still on 190 into Baton Rouge and get to I-10 that way.

Is there any precedence to this type of speeding ticket? This is different than the typical speeding camera. this one doesn't actually record your speed, just does the math with distance. Maybe they use these in other places already? Any indication on when they will actually install the cameras?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom