Ian Book: How do you like the pick? (1 Viewer)

How do you like the Ian Book pick?

• Love it

Votes: 90 23.0%
  • Hate it

Votes: 60 15.3%
  • Too Soon to Tell

Votes: 114 29.2%
  • Meh

Votes: 67 17.1%

Votes: 36 9.2%
  • Don’t like

Votes: 24 6.1%

• Total voters
Listen to yourself.

Jhari Evan's is a first ballot HOFer.

If you don't think 4th rounders have value you have no business watching football.

Did I ever say that? Do you actually read? I literally never once said that I didn't think that 4th rounders hold value. Are you aware of how difficult it is to strike gold that that in the 4th round? It quite literally almost never happens. For any team. Kudos to the Saints for landing Jahri.

But by your logic, you thought the Saints should have been fishing for a day 1 starter in the 4th. We were rebuilding in 2006 and had an insane amount of holes. This roster is a little different. The front office decided to take a different approach with their late 4th rounder this year. And I can see why they did it. We're without Drew for the first time in 15 years, and there's a lot of uncertainty at QB past this year. Could they have missed out on first ballot hall of famer here? Um, sure. The percentage of that happening is significantly less than a percent. Could they have missed out on a potential day 1 starter? Um, yeah, maybe. Do you know how many day 1 starters are found in the 4th round every year? It's not very many, and it's usually on complete rebuild teams.

Like I said, I don't really care if you disagree with the pick, I'm just finding it hilarious that you think that this is that big of a risk. Once again. You used the word 'back-breaker' and compared this to the Sullivan trade. Please, actually think about that.

Mostly every expert draft analyst is agreeing with me right now.

So who's really in denial?
Haha. Let's all just agree Ian Book is trash right now so this poor fella can have a cup of chamomile tea and relax. 35 ranting posts about Ian Book on a Saturday afternoon is a little much. I hope someone forwards this thread to Ian. "Look what you've done to the online fans,"

I know you think there were starters on the board and historically speaking, there are some starters on the board in round 4, but, let's be honest, who those players are is your amature position on it and even the pros are maybe batting .300 on 4th round picks. I mean, for all we know, the guys you think are starters could end up being available in the 6th, 7th, or as an UDFA.

I don't really love Book, but if Payton thinks he fits his system and likes his makeup then I'm fine with that. Yes, Payton also liked Grayson and Canfield, but he also really liked Mahommes and your boy Mac Jones. So, it's not like he is always wrong about QBs. Maybe he is wrong about this one. But, maybe he is right and it's a late 4th round pick which is at best probably has a 30% chance of ever being a starter. So, it doesn't destroy the team's future or destroy this draft even.
Man all I'm saying and most people are saying (99% of experts) is even if you want this guy you don't take him in round 4.

I I think that is a reasonable position to hold.

I hope I’m wrong, but this is, in my eyes, the worst pick since 2006. He will never be a starting quarterback in the national football league and will likely never contribute to the New Orleans Saints in any meaningful way.
Do you think any NFL team drafts a QB in the 4th round as says, “if this guy does not become a starter, then we totally failed at our jobs”?

If so, then you might need training wheels.

Haha. Let's all just agree Ian Book is trash right now so this poor fella can have a cup of chamomile tea and relax. 35 ranting posts about Ian Book on a Saturday afternoon is a little much. I hope someone forwards this thread to Ian. "Look what you've done to the online fans,"
Find one expert who agrees with this selection.

One major draft board that had him where he was taken.

Good ahead smart guy.

Find one expert who agrees with this selection.

One major draft board that had him where he was taken.

Good ahead smart guy.
Dude, I don't care. All I said was I liked the way he played in college. I don't really watch Notre Dame football, I don't watch tapes of players on youtube like some lunatic because I'm not a professional scout. I thought Book would be selected by NOLA in the 6th round. I don't think he'll be a starter. I know there were glaring needs well beyond a third string QB. You're patrolling this thread looking to validate your opinions on this kid. Like, what, when you're proven right Ian Book will never be a starting QB in the NFL, that'll prove...? Go away.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom