Ian Book: How do you like the pick? (1 Viewer)

How do you like the Ian Book pick?

• Love it

Votes: 90 23.0%
  • Hate it

Votes: 60 15.3%
  • Too Soon to Tell

Votes: 114 29.2%
  • Meh

Votes: 67 17.1%

Votes: 36 9.2%
  • Don’t like

Votes: 24 6.1%

• Total voters
Mike Detillier have Ian Book going to the Saints with pick#105 in the 3rd round.

Louis Riddick on the ESPN coverage had a lot of great things to say about him/the pick.

You don’t have to like the pick (personally, I don’t think he’ll ever amount to much), but your hyperbole about how terrible and damaging this pick is has gotten out of hand.
Not considering the grand canyon-sized holes around us. So YES, it is a big deal. These 24/7/365 homer glasses must be on sale today. $9.95. Come one, come all. We shirted the bed this yer in the draft. Our only hope is that Jameis/7 combo works and MT/AK go bezerk. And DD and CGJ go wild and Cam finds some youth serum. And 23 finds the resolve to play 17 games a year and not just 8-10. Any outlook other than that, is just kinda unreasonable. Not ONE of these guys drafted will see the field. Not even the CB. Well, maybe him , sInce ya'll were ambivalent about Jackrabiit leaving. THAT was when I said, 7-10. 7-10. Mark it!

Last edited:
Not considering the grand canyon-sized holes around us. So YES, it is a big deal. These 24/7/365 homer glasses must be on sale today. $9.95. Come one, come all. We shirted the bed this yer in the draft. Our only hope is that Jameis/7 combo works and MT/AK go bezerk. And DD and CGJ go wild and Cam finds some youth serum. And 23 finds the resolve to play 17 games a year and not just 8-10. Any outlook other than that, is just kinds unreasonable. Not ONE of these guys drafted will see the field. Not even the CB. Well, maybe him , sInce ya'll were ambivalent about Jackrabiit leaving. THAT was when I said, 7-10. 7-10. Mark it!

If you’re saying the Saints selections in rounds 1-3 won’t see the field, then how does a defensive player or WR you wanted in round 4 will see the field?

People screaming there’s holes while blatantly ignoring the holes that were filled on defense with the first 3 picks. We needed a LB, drafted one in the 2nd. Needed a CB, drafted one in the 3rd who had 1st round value. We didn’t have reliable DE depth after Jordan and Davenport, arguably no reliable DE after Jordan so it was addressed in the 1st round. The only position that wasn’t addressed early was WR, and the best WRs were gone before 60th pick. Passrushers are more valuable than a #2-#3 WR. The WRs ranked as 3rd-4th round value ended up falling to the 6th-7th rounds or went undrafted

If you’re saying the Saints selections in rounds 1-3 won’t see the field, then how does a defensive player or WR you wanted in round 4 will see the field?

People screaming there’s holes while blatantly ignoring the holes that were filled on defense with the first 3 picks. We needed a LB, drafted one in the 2nd. Needed a CB, drafted one in the 3rd who had 1st round value. We didn’t have reliable DE depth after Jordan and Davenport, arguably no reliable DE after Jordan so it was addressed in the 1st round. The only position that wasn’t addressed early was WR, and the best WRs were gone before 60th pick. Passrushers are more valuable than a #2-#3 WR. The WRs ranked as 3rd-4th round value ended up falling to the 6th-7th rounds or went undrafted
Umm, I was being facetious (remember, I googled that word). We went to the store with a 10 dollar bill. Got change, and left the store with $9.50 this entire draft process. LOL, nowhere did I say that I wanted that D5 WR.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom