Saints Ian Book vs Clemson (1 Viewer)

saintmike23

BRING THE WOOD!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Say what you want about him but he only lost 5 games and won many big games. He’s a dual threat QB with good pocket awareness. His arm is good enough but not elite. So was Brees’.
He had over 1,100 pass attempts in college. This is a huge stat that helps with succeeding in the NFL. Playing QB is about experience and reps, reps, reps.

And then there’s Sean Payton, don’t underestimate what he can turn Ian Book into. He did it with Brees, a guy many people underestimated. This was Sean’s pick, just like AK was in 2017.

SonOfNOLA

Superstar X-Factor
Reaction score
This is an example of what they missed out on with Jacob Eason last year in rd 4.

Jacob Eason rode the pine behind Philip Rivers last year, just seen Carson Wentz traded to start in front of him this year after Wentz had a bad season, and now has to compete with Colts’ 2021 6th round pick Ehlinger to be QB2. Eason won’t be in the league that long at that rate

NOFALCONS10

Not a part of your system
Reaction score
Jake Luton was also as strong as Eason last year and had a stronger than Justin Herbert.

He fell to round 6.

Last edited:

NOFALCONS10

Reaction score
Jacob Eason rode the pine behind Philip Rivers last year, just seen Carson Wentz traded to start in front of him this year after a bad season, and now has to compete with Colts’ 2021 6th round pick Ehlinger to be QB2. Eason won’t be in the league that long at that rate
Eason will be in the league much longer than book.

If you don't believe me bet me on it.

NOFALCONS10

Reaction score
All of these reaches are going to come back to bite them.

You just can't keep wasting picks like this.

Blessedog

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Dude had Chase Claypool, Tommy Tremble, Miles Boykin, etc.

His inability to throw the ball far or with much velocity has nothing to do with his wrs.

While I respect your knowledge, Tommy Tremble wasn’t much of a receiver in that offense with 35 catches in 2 years. Boykin with only 12 catches in 17.
He had a good duo in 2018 with both of them and had a decent season & followed it up with a terrific season in 19.

What makes him a bad pick overall? I’m just trying to make sense of all the venom being spewed his way. Sure we could have gone in a different direction but I feel back up QB is pretty important in this day and age and I think he could keep us afloat for a few games if need be.

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
Tre Lance and Justin Fields can throw 60+ air yards Flat-footed.

See Fields pass to Olave vs Clemson.

35 yards is nothing.
Your obsession with keeping Book in check is a bit over the top.

You've responded like 43 times in this thread.

NOFALCONS10

Reaction score
While I respect your knowledge, Tommy Tremble wasn’t much of a receiver in that offense with 35 catches in 2 years. Boykin with only 12 catches in 17.
He had a good duo in 2018 with both of them and
Again.

What does that have to do with his lack of ability to push the ball down the field?

How is his arm an upgrade from Brees in any meaningful way?

Outbackjack

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Poor man's Johnny Manziel.

Comp: Bruce Gradkowski.
Let me correct.....

NOFalcons: “IN MY OPINION, which is nothing more than that of a regular fan with none of the actual research tools or football brain as Sean Payton, especially when it comes to the single position that Sean knows better than basically anyone on the planet......and knows infinitely more than I about playing QB in the NFL.....I think Book is Manziel/Gradkowski. Now I’m going to check my dog’s opinion on the selection. “

NOFALCONS10

Reaction score
Your obsession with keeping Book in check is a bit over the top.

You've responded like 43 times in this thread.

Who are you, the thread monitor?

You go around policing replies like you don't respond a ton in threads that interest you?

NOFALCONS10

Reaction score
Let me correct.....

NOFalcons: “IN MY OPINION, which is nothing more than that of a regular fan with none of the actual research tools or football brain as Sean Payton, especially when it comes to the single position that Sean knows better than basically anyone on the planet......and knows infinitely more than I about playing QB in the NFL.....I think Book is Manziel/Gradkowski. Now I’m going to check my dog’s opinion on the selection. “
I said what I said.

BOOK is a poor man's Johnny Manziel.

He will NEVER be a consistent starter in the NFL.

NEVER.

I doubt that he will be much of a backup here.

SonOfNOLA

Superstar X-Factor
Reaction score
they had a 5th, 4th, and 7th rounder starting on their oline in the superbowl in 2009.

Tom Brady was "only a 6th rd pick".
That’s the Offensive Line though. It’s a higher chance for mid-late round Offensive Linemen to become starters than it is for late rounders to become starters on defense.

The Saints’ current starters on defense were acquired in early rounds or through Free Agency

NOFALCONS10

Reaction score
That’s the Offensive Line though. It’s a higher change for mid-late round Offensive Linemen to become starters than it is for late rounders to become starters on defense

Ayodele, Hargrove, Shanle, Fujita, Greer, McCray, Charleston, too on defense.

Lance Moore, Colston, Pierre Thomas.

All 4th rounders or less.

I know that you are desperate to justify this pick but you can't just afford to throw away 4th rounders.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom