Saints Ian Book vs Clemson (2 Viewers)

They mentioned him and I’m trying to think what they were saying. I want to say that his play dropped off against big teams and Mike D specifically brought up the LSU game and how he disappeared. Also Books leadership and QB intelligence seemed to be higher.

Yes, and I know what you're intimating but you're lancing at straw windmills which have nothing to do with me - if you'll forgive the malaprop.

Book seems like a sub-optimal, somewhat long-shot type QB prospect, high on intangibles and experience and light on stature and key physical tools. We shall see what happens.
Well Chase Daniel was all of the same but appropriately went Undrafted, not in round 4.

Well Chase Daniel was all of the same but appropriately went Undrafted, not in round 4.

And again I don’t know what this kid will become but Payton said he reminded him of himself, meaning football intelligence, leadership and grit (not football ability) and he compared him to Romo when he was young

Why not hire him as a coach?

Mike D specifically addressed this because of all the people cracking jokes and said that’s not what Payton meant. Book is a great QB and Payton said the same thing about Brees and Romo

Brady was also taller and stronger.

And I was standing right next to you on the Mac Jones express and was very upset we didn’t move up. I don’t think the Saints future QB is on the team yet but at least this kid gives me something to look forward to in training camp because I know what we already have.

Mike D specifically addressed this because of all the people cracking jokes and said that’s not what Payton meant. Book is a great QB and Payton said the same thing about Brees and Romo
I'm just saying because QBs like him, Josh Heupel, Kilff Kingsbury, Major Applewhite have all found decent coaching jobs.

The draft is for taking elite athletes and or football players.

And I was standing right next to you on the Mac Jones express and was very upset we didn’t move up. I don’t think the Saints future QB is on the team yet but at least this kid gives me something to look forward to in training camp because I know what we already have.
If he makes the team chances are a better player will get cut.

They also cut Daniel like 30 times before he stuck.

Brady was also taller and stronger.
Brady was most definitely taller, stronger I doubt very much.

But the main point is, it's tough for a QB to make it and become anything more than a flash in the pan or career back up. Physical traits help, intangibles help, being lucky in where you land and how your career path develops helps, acclimating rapidly and effectively to the crucible of the NFL helps.

There are never any gaurantees of success, or of failure, just probabilities.

Brady was most definitely taller, stronger I doubt very much.

But the main point is, it's tough for a QB to make it and become anything more than a flash in the pan or career back up. Physical traits help, intangibles help, being lucky in where you land and how your career path develops helps, acclimating rapidly and effectively to the crucible of the NFL helps.

There are never any gaurantees of success, or of failure, just probabilities.
Being tall, strong and athletic increases that probability.

Being tall, strong and athletic increases that probability.
As do intelligence, ability to process, ability to develop, learn and grow at a rapid pace, and having intangibles like leadership, character and charisma.

And ideally having had a strong base of experience of having been successful previously which you can rely on.

And being in a situation which supports your development and plays to your strengths.

The best prospects with the highest probability of success have all these things.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom