Saints Ian Book vs Clemson (1 Viewer)

Counting Book, they threw away a 3rd, a 4th and a 7th for nothing overall.

They drafted Werner too high when they easily could've taken Mond or Adebo at 60 and still gotten Werner's teammate at linebacker, Baron Browning at 105.

They could've even gotten Nick Niemann later at MLB who even had a higher RAS than Werner.

With one of those wasted picks they could've simply taken Landen Young higher to begin with.

The draft overall was a waste of great value with these 3 picks even though they got solid players with 4 of their picks.

Losing 3 picks like that for nothing can set a team back tremendously especially when you're trying to compete with Brady and Rodgers in the same conference.

DT, WR, TE.

Davyion Nixon, Jonathan Marshall, Jacob Harris, Zach Davidson, KJ Britt, Nick Niemann, Keith Taylor, Marco Wilson, Buddy Johnson, Ihmir Smith-Marsette, Josh Kaindoh, Brevin Jordan, etc.

The list goes on.
Which one of those players can start for the Saints and which Saints players are being benched for them?

Most of those players were 5th-6th round draft picks and will be on someone’s practice squad

This is an example of what they missed out on with Jacob Eason last year in rd 4.

Which one of those players can start for the Saints and which Saints players are being benched for them?

Most of those players were 5th-6th round draft picks and will be on someone’s practice squad
All of them.

Who the heck would they have in front of them at NT, MLB, Receiving TE and Slit end?

This is an example of what they missed out on with Jacob Eason last year in rd 4.

Jacob Eason rode the pine behind Philip Rivers last year, just seen Carson Wentz traded to start in front of him this year after Wentz had a bad season, and now has to compete with Colts’ 2021 6th round pick Ehlinger to be QB2. Eason won’t be in the league that long at that rate

Jake Luton was also as strong as Eason last year and had a stronger than Justin Herbert.

He fell to round 6.

Last edited:
Jacob Eason rode the pine behind Philip Rivers last year, just seen Carson Wentz traded to start in front of him this year after a bad season, and now has to compete with Colts’ 2021 6th round pick Ehlinger to be QB2. Eason won’t be in the league that long at that rate
Eason will be in the league much longer than book.

If you don't believe me bet me on it.

All of these reaches are going to come back to bite them.

You just can't keep wasting picks like this.

Dude had Chase Claypool, Tommy Tremble, Miles Boykin, etc.

His inability to throw the ball far or with much velocity has nothing to do with his wrs.

While I respect your knowledge, Tommy Tremble wasn’t much of a receiver in that offense with 35 catches in 2 years. Boykin with only 12 catches in 17.
He had a good duo in 2018 with both of them and had a decent season & followed it up with a terrific season in 19.

What makes him a bad pick overall? I’m just trying to make sense of all the venom being spewed his way. Sure we could have gone in a different direction but I feel back up QB is pretty important in this day and age and I think he could keep us afloat for a few games if need be.

While I respect your knowledge, Tommy Tremble wasn’t much of a receiver in that offense with 35 catches in 2 years. Boykin with only 12 catches in 17.
He had a good duo in 2018 with both of them and
Again.

What does that have to do with his lack of ability to push the ball down the field?

How is his arm an upgrade from Brees in any meaningful way?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom