Ian Clark signed (1 Viewer)

saintbilly25

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The Pelicans signed Ian Clark to a 1 year, $1.6 million deal. Another good deal. While it has been a pretty uneventful off season for the Pelicans, they have definitely improved. We basically replaced Tim Frazier with Rajon Rondo and Quinn Cook with Ian Clark. We didn't trade away any future picks and even picked up a potentially good player in the 2nd round in Frank Jackson.

These are the kind of signings Dell should have been doing the last few years to keep maximum cap flexibility. This contract, Rondo, Galloway, and Montiejunas were all great value signings. Instead of screwing our team with signing Asik, Hill, and Moore to big money deals hindering our future flexibility.

These are the kind of signings Dell should have been doing the last few years to keep maximum cap flexibility. This contract, Rondo, Galloway, and Montiejunas were all great value signings. Instead of screwing our team with signing Asik, Hill, and Moore to big money deals hindering our future flexibility.

he's learning the way... albeit late

Straight from Mythrol on P.R.

Pelicans sign Ian Clark | Pelicans Report
I'm sure most people would classify me as a Dell defender here, even though I feel I'm pretty down the middle on everything or at least try to be.

With that said, I don't think anyone should view this move as Dell conquering the world. It's pretty "meh" actually. He is a guy who has only shot good from 3pt one season (with the warriors) and attempted just over 2 3pt shots a game.

Have hope, but be realistic.

I'm more concerned about how signing him effects our front court depth. We have to be trading players or stretching Asik. There is a glaring hole at backup big on this team right now.

100% agree with Mythrol

Straight from Mythrol on P.R.

Pelicans sign Ian Clark | Pelicans Report

100% agree with Mythrol

I agree with the other 98% of the posts on that 5 page thread that this is a very good signing. It's not a move that will bring a championship to the team, but it's a good, solid signing with no risk and high reward. Much like the Rondo signing.

This is a quality value signing in a tight FA year. These are the kind of moves you need to make and we made it. As saintbilly25 said, it won't win us a championship, but it builds a stronger bench and brings a player who knows what it means to be there.

I got this from a poster on another forum:

2016 opening day rotation

1. Tim Frazier
2. E'Twaun Moore
3. Solomon Hill
4. Anthony Davis
5. Omer Asik

Projected 2017 opening day rotation

1. Rajon Rondo
2. Jrue Holiday
3. Solomon Hill
4. Anthony Davis
5. Demarcus Cousins

Now we have players like Moore, Clark and even Darius Miller coming off the bench. There may even be a QPon sighting. This team is light years better than last year's IMO

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom