Ian Rapoport explains Broncos are focusing on Sean Payton, Shraeger says Payton is still up for a job (Denver media believes Payton deal is TBA soon) (1 Viewer)

Disagree with me or not....But be realistic. Teams are not going to give us a high pick. I knew from the start this was the only scenario that would happen. Texans would be ideal but heck, they are trying to rebuild their team and having two first round was crucial. And all along they wanted Demeco Ryan. Need someone to fix that horrible defense. Understand the Texan standing firm. The Cardinals was interesting. But giving away that high first round was too much for them. They need their picks. Denver was a more realistic team. They seriously need someone to fix that big investment that made with Russell Wilson. Sean is the most capable. But remember, the number one choice was Harburgh.

If we couldn't agree to any deal this year, I don't know how that will play out next year. Might get less or none at all.

Disagree with me or not....But be realistic. Teams are not going to give us a high pick. I knew from the start this was the only scenario that would happen. Texans would be ideal but heck, they are trying to rebuild their team and having two first round was crucial. And all along they wanted Demeco Ryan. Need someone to fix that horrible defense. Understand the Texan standing firm. The Cardinals was interesting. But giving away that high first round was too much for them. They need their picks. Denver was a more realistic team. They seriously need someone to fix that big investment that made with Russell Wilson. Sean is the most capable. But remember, the number one choice was Harburgh.

If we couldn't agree to any deal this year, I don't know how that will play out next year. Might get less or none at all.
Exactly. Why don’t people realize this. We did not hold all the cards.

Speaking as an attorney, that is quite debatable depending on the terms of Sean's contract which we do not know.
Well wouldn’t we have known this by now? We still owned him for a year but u would get less value with only 1 year less on the deal from what I’ve read

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom