Ian Rapoport explains Broncos are focusing on Sean Payton, Shraeger says Payton is still up for a job (Denver media believes Payton deal is TBA soon) (1 Viewer)

Every year that passes with Sean Payton not coaching is one more year that Sean Payton has a 0% chance to win a Super Bowl. With Denver, he gets a proven QB who had one bad year. Sure, he gets a tough division, but injuries happen. There's a much, much better chace to win a Super Bowl coaching Denver than there is working for Fox.

I have to think that if Payton catches wind of there being any truth to notion in the Denver camp of "Harbaugh suddenly changing his mind", that will torpedo Denver and Payton.

Theres no way Payton is going to play second fiddle to 'kiss the ring' Harbaugh. Zero chance a guy as petty as Payton goes along with being the #2 choice.

All I know is, Denver has a myriad of messes to clean up after this process.
The Harbaugh stuff strikes me as BS. Just a tactic by Denver to try to lower the asking price.

Harbaugh has already unequivocally said he's returning to Michigan, and he could have gotten a better job than Denver if he wanted to be in the NFL.

A first and change is still a win IMHO. Stevens playing the "If the Broncos don't deal two firsts, they've fleeced the Saints!" angle.

How hilarious would it be if the Broncos traded for Payton who then traded Miami for McDaniel and we ended up with Miami's first round pick and that is why new DC Fangio had to pump the brakes, because the league was slow to approve the deal??

The Harbaugh stuff strikes me as BS. Just a tactic by Denver to try to lower the asking price.

Harbaugh has already unequivocally said he's returning to Michigan, and he could have gotten a better job than Denver if he wanted to be in the NFL.

I dont doubt that, but Harbaugh isnt one to keep his mouth shut. And Denver continuing to perpetuate this myth cant be the best thing for Michigan and recruiting. This seems like a 'keep my wifes name out your mouth' situation between Denver and Michigan.

I dont doubt that, but Harbaugh isnt one to keep his mouth shut. And Denver continuing to perpetuate this myth cant be the best thing for Michigan and recruiting. This seems like a 'keep my wifes name out your mouth' situation between Denver and Michigan.
The Harbaugh situation is really weird.

He had to beg the Panthers for an interview. They never wanted him and no one else seemed to this cycle.

Now, all of the sudden he’s Denver’s top choice because of the Stanford connections? Even with pretty clearly stating he’s staying at Michigan after meeting with them last week?

I don’t know what’s right or wrong. I just know Denver is really bad at this.

I think Payton’s legacy is safe. He has a winning percentage over 60% with the Saints. He and Brees are either 2nd or 3rd in QB/Coach wins.
At this point in his career, it’s house money.
Winning a Superbowl in New Orleans is the equivalent of winning 3 with most other franchises. What I mean by that is most coaches that have won Superbowls elsewhere, probably wouldn't have come close to sniffing one in New Orleans.

Last edited:
The Harbaugh situation is really weird.

He had to beg the Panthers for an interview. They never wanted him and no one else seemed to this cycle.

Now, all of the sudden he’s Denver’s top choice because of the Stanford connections? Even with pretty clearly stating he’s staying at Michigan after meeting with them last week?

I don’t know what’s right or wrong. I just know Denver is really bad at this.
Harbaugh’s name looks like it was used in all this just so Denver’s GM and owners wouldn’t look like they were punked into giving up picks for Payton so easily, which is what they were going to do anyway.

Payton was the choice all along, but it’s all about who looks like they’re in control. Weird stuff going on over there with these media games

Benjamin Allbright has been bashing Payton on Twitter for over 2 weeks now. He is rude and arrogant to his followers. I can't stand him. Something about him rubs me the wrong way. Part of the reason I want Sean to go to Denver is so this guy can get roasted on Twitter for being wrong.... again. If Sean goes to Denver, he is going to make this guy hate his life. :ROFLMAO:

Benjamin Allbright has been bashing Payton on Twitter for over 2 weeks now. He is rude and arrogant to his followers. I can't stand him. Something about him rubs me the wrong way. Part of the reason I want Sean to go to Denver is so this guy can get roasted on Twitter for being wrong.... again. If Sean goes to Denver, he is going to make this guy hate his life. :ROFLMAO:
It seems like he knows deep down that their search is a mess and he’s being put in the middle of it by the “leaks” so he’s taking it out on everyone else.

Totally agree. Sean is petty and arrogant too and if he gets that job he will indeed make Ben hate his life lol.

The obsession with Harbaugh because he went to Stanford is clown-show stuff. You don't hire an NFL head coach based on college connections to an owner.

Condi Rice is gonna run that team into the ground if she's got that kind of sway with the full ownership group.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom