Ian Rapoport explains Broncos are focusing on Sean Payton, Shraeger says Payton is still up for a job (Denver media believes Payton deal is TBA soon) (2 Viewers)

Sean thinks hes worth more thanwhat he really is, to other teams anyways. yea he won one superbowl. alot of coaches can say that.

Are you joking? Like I just saw a SB winning head coach the other day, joking? I mean they are a dime a dozen really, joking?

If not, you are detached from reality....

The obsession with Harbaugh because he went to Stanford is clown-show stuff. You don't hire an NFL head coach based on college connections to an owner.

Condi Rice is gonna run that team into the ground if she's got that kind of sway with the full ownership group.
Harbaugh is a University of Michigan alumni. #GoBlue

I’m actually surprised SP is still interested in the Broncos at this point. This narrative that the Broncos don’t really want SP, that he’s their 4th or 5th choice, that SP interviewed badly etc seems like a pretty big ego bruise. Regardless of whether any of that is true, it’s now the public perception. If he takes the job there’s gonna have to be so much talk from both sides to convince everyone that SP was always their first choice.
I think my ego will recover if someone put 80 million guaranteed for a 4 year deal.

Every year that passes with Sean Payton not coaching is one more year that Sean Payton has a 0% chance to win a Super Bowl. With Denver, he gets a proven QB who had one bad year. Sure, he gets a tough division, but injuries happen. There's a much, much better chace to win a Super Bowl coaching Denver than there is working for Fox.
There are a couple of things to consider here:

- Sean has a job, a good one, well paid and with a lot of prestige at Fox. This job will get better once Jimmy Johnson retires and he gets a seat on the main show. A couple of years top for this. By keeping this job, Sean will continue to have the spotlight, in a more relaxed environment.

- And the Broncos job, everyone is saying that Russell Wilson is cooked and done. Everyone else knows that the chances of beating Kansas City and Mahomes are very very small. If Sean takes the job and brings Russell Wilson to play competitive football, I guess his reputation as a quarterback guru and offensive genius will increase, even if they don't beat the chiefs.

- Sean has a job, a good one, well paid and with a lot of prestige at Fox. This job will get better once Jimmy Johnson retires and he gets a seat on the main show. A couple of years top for this. By keeping this job, Sean will continue to have the spotlight, in a more relaxed environment.

The elephant in the room though, is that Payton isnt any good at the Fox gig. I dont think theyll move him into the JJ chair - I think theyd sooner send him on his way like NBC did Brees than try to force a square peg in a round hole. It is uncomfortable watching him on Fox, he just seems completely out of his element. He knows the sideline in his spot as well as anyone.

From my source

The gal who said we were getting Jimmy G last year so grain of salt..

Broncos are grasping at anything to get leverage because they want him bad but realize inevitably we aren't backing off..

The ownership is handcuffed because they went so hard in for RW and now RW says he wants SP and is at the point of demanding it...

Saints are aware of this and aren't giving any price reduction..

I mean 🤷

Do what you gotta do.. and just about anyone could reveal this information cause it's literally In-between the lines of all the posts..

But I feel like she is legit on this one.

The elephant in the room though, is that Payton isnt any good at the Fox gig. I dont think theyll move him into the JJ chair - I think theyd sooner send him on his way like NBC did Brees than try to force a square peg in a round hole. It is uncomfortable watching him on Fox, he just seems completely out of his element. He knows the sideline in his spot as well as anyone.
Totally agree. He does not look comfortable there, at all.
From my source

The gal who said we were getting Jimmy G last year so grain of salt..

Broncos are grasping at anything to get leverage because they want him bad but realize inevitably we aren't backing off..

The ownership is handcuffed because they went so hard in for RW and now RW says he wants SP and is at the point of demanding it...

Saints are aware of this and aren't giving any price reduction..

I mean 🤷

Do what you gotta do.. and just about anyone could reveal this information cause it's literally In-between the lines of all the posts..

But I feel like she is legit on this one.
Sho do hope she’s right!!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom