Ian Rapoport explains Broncos are focusing on Sean Payton, Shraeger says Payton is still up for a job (Denver media believes Payton deal is TBA soon) (1 Viewer)

That was according to the Cardinals’ USAToday writer. I believe Rapoport said it too on the McAfee show

Yeah, that’s the one. Thank you.

I’m guessing the context was that the 3rd pick wasn’t the only way to get there. I think Loomis has a mid-first value in mind. For Arizona, they can either give the 3 and take something back. Or they can send us their high 2 and next years 1.

Yeah, that’s the one. Thank you.

I’m guessing the context was that the 3rd pick wasn’t the only way to get there. I think Loomis has a mid-first value in mind. For Arizona, they can either give the 3 and take something back. Or they can send us their high 2 and next years 1.
Thank you! As my grandmother used to say, "there's more than one way to skin a cat".

The fact is SP is only worth what another team is willing to give. If no team is willing to give two #1s, then he's not worth two #1s. The market dictates value. The front office needs to get to the highest bid, and that's the one we take.

The fact is SP is only worth what another team is willing to give. If no team is willing to give two #1s, then he's not worth two #1s. The market dictates value. The front office needs to get to the highest bid, and that's the one we take.
A significant factor in how much other teams are willing to pay is how little they think they can get away with paying you.

A person with a reputation for not settling for less than comparable value to what they are asking for is going to get paid more than someone who is known for caving in and settling for the highest bid.

I think if Loomis refuses to settle for less than his asking price this year, then teams will be more likely to pay him more in all future trade negotiations, because they don't think they will be able to bargain him down much from his original asking price.

When you're in a position of negotiating multiple deals year after year, you maximize what you can get out of negotiations by being willing to walk away from a deal that doesn't have the value you want.

Just like when buying a car. If the salesman thinks you're not willing to walk away if you don't get the terms you want, then they aren't going to lower their original offer by much.

I don't think the Saints feel desperate to get any draft picks they can for Payton this year. I think they'd rather take another shot next year, than settle for whatever they can get this year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom